Texas State at San Marcos

UNT90

When UNT was in the post-Dodge hiring process, RV hinted that Dr. Rawlins had vetoed candidates such as Franchione and Jim Leavitt because of the baggage with which they came.

another excuse by RV?

Say it ain't so!!

You do realize you can't believe a word the man says when it comes to this program, right? 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

another excuse by RV?

Say it ain't so!!

You do realize you can't believe a word the man says when it comes to this program, right? 

I don't know whether it's true. . . . As for "excuse," this was back before Coach Mac was even hired.  But he has passed the blame for other hires on to UNT presidents.  He said that Dr. Bataille pushed the Dodge hire (for economic reasons) and the Shanice Stephens hire (for gender reasons).  Maybe all, some, or none of it is true.  And maybe someone here at the board would have better insight to know whether all, some, or none of it is true.

I don't know whether it's true. . . . As for "excuse," this was back before Coach Mac was even hired.  But he has passed the blame for other hires on to UNT presidents.  He said that Dr. Bataille pushed the Dodge hire (for economic reasons) and the Shanice Stephens hire (for gender reasons).  Maybe all, some, or none of it is true.  And maybe someone here at the board would have better insight to know whether all, some, or none of it is true.

isn't it funny that all of these excuses remove blame from RV? See how that works? 

"Hey, nothing is ever my fault"

pathological. 

The only info anyone would have would be from the mouth of RV, hence rendering said info completely unreliable. Unless you think someone was in the room when those conversations took place.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't think Bataille was here when Dodge was hired? I heard she gave him a one year reprieve though.  

Water under the bridge.  Besides, Texas State is only 1-3 this year...only win is against Prairie View A&M.  Their defense has given up 59, 56, and 59 in their three games against programs not named Prairie View A&M.

So, tap the brakes on the "Dennis Franchione Is Jesus" angle.  This is his fifth year at little San Marcos and his boat is taking on water as well...and in a lower level conference, okay?  This stud QB you are championing wracked up 16 against Florida State and 14 against Houston.  I doubt many schools are regretting the day they overlooked that guy.

Look, we all agree that McCarney should be shown the door - or, show some respect and take it himself.  But, to play up Franchione is attempting to get a pretty crippled cart out in front of a horse that long ago left the barn..

Also, unless its pre-1977, no coaches who punch players in the locker room at halftime, please, like Leavitt.  Talk about a freaking coward of a coach.  His team is losing at half, so he punches one kid who made a mistake.  Real level-headed guy, that Leavitt.

Let's get a coordinator from a successful school at or above our level this time around.  Franchione isn't working anymore magic than Mac.

Definitely not Jesus.

Just would have been a better hire than Mac.

Pointing out what a low bar that is. 

And that QB racked up 50 points vs Southern Miss, a team that is equal competition. 

Tell me, would you rather have that QB or our QBs? 

Edited by UNT90

When UNT was in the post-Dodge hiring process, RV hinted that Dr. Rawlins had vetoed candidates such as Franchione and Jim Leavitt because of the baggage with which they came.

I would hold off on calling Southwest (I refuse to call them Texas State) a success. Too soon to call.

Boulder of salt.

Rick

Water under the bridge.  Besides, Texas State is only 1-3 this year...only win is against Prairie View A&M.  Their defense has given up 59, 56, and 59 in their three games against programs not named Prairie View A&M.

So, tap the brakes on the "Dennis Franchione Is Jesus" angle.  This is his fifth year at little San Marcos and his boat is taking on water as well...and in a lower level conference, okay?  This stud QB you are championing wracked up 16 against Florida State and 14 against Houston.  I doubt many schools are regretting the day they overlooked that guy.

Look, we all agree that McCarney should be shown the door - or, show some respect and take it himself.  But, to play up Franchione is attempting to get a pretty crippled cart out in front of a horse that long ago left the barn..

Also, unless its pre-1977, no coaches who punch players in the locker room at halftime, please, like Leavitt.  Talk about a freaking coward of a coach.  His team is losing at half, so he punches one kid who made a mistake.  Real level-headed guy, that Leavitt.

Let's get a coordinator from a successful school at or above our level this time around.  Franchione isn't working anymore magic than Mac.

If your going to repeat a bullshit lie at least get it correct..he was accused of choking and slapping him...not punching him.  

Of course we know now it was a lie...told by a liar who changed his story twice...backed up by two other disgruntled players, but countered by a majority of the rest of players in that side of the lockerroom at the time plus a police officer.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

So, even Texas St. is more proactive than UNT.

Wonderful. 

It would seem. But I'd argue we're still in a better position than they are. They run their operation out of a Mickey Mouse stadium. The rest of their athletic programs aren't nearly as competitive as ours (though I'd love to have baseball), and their location all but requires them to find talent well outside their backyard. 

They have a better game-plan. But we've still got a 7-mile head-start in the marathon that is college athletics. Of course, it would behoove us to not dick about any further and get moving, lest they continue to close that ever-narrowing gap. 

• Upvote 1