Turn Your Shirts Inside Out For Homecoming

UNT90

I only propose this as an idea. 

What about if you are unhappy about the direction of the athletic program, you turn your Mean Green shirt inside out before entering the stadium for homecoming?

Still wearing green, still supporting your team, but with a message.

Just trying to think what we Everymen can do to respectfully show our displeasure. 

Dumb?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Yes, in my opinion dumb and not effective. 

Best thing would be to let this play out the way we all thing it will, coordinate a writing campaign, and try to show strength in numbers. At UNT I think even a small amount of people showing their smart and coordinated disgust will make a difference. 

And if the President chose to ignore it or not give an honest answer/assessment, then we as fans have a decision to make. 

I'm all about ruffling feathers, but in this case you gotta try change from within first. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I could just see on the SMU blog.........."UNT Rednecks so hung over they show up at homecoming with their clothes inside out"

I believe I would rethink this idea, my friend.

If I cared about what people from SMU thought I would not have attended UNT.

I think it is a good idea. Henry David Thoreau would approve if he were still alive.

If not the shirts than perhaps the UNT flag flown upside down as a signal of distress? Sometimes clever/snarky carries the day.

• Upvote 6

We are all suffering through the same frustration with the current state of our program, but I can't disrespect the past and present players nor the long history of our university. And remember, recruits will be at the game.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If I cared about what people from SMU thought I would not have attended UNT.

I think it is a good idea. Henry David Thoreau would approve if he were still alive.

If not the shirts than perhaps the UNT flag flown upside down as a signal of distress? Sometimes clever/snarky carries the day.

What about a variation on Tasty's "F Practice" screed?  Maybe t shirts that say "You talkin' bout practice?"  Any one of you Youtube embedders can step up to the plate now and post the last word on that.

What about a variation on Tasty's "F Practice" screed?  Maybe t shirts that say "You talkin' bout practice?"  Any one of you Youtube embedders can step up to the plate now and post the last word on that.

that would require much too much effort (printing shirts, distribution, etc...).

The beauty of this idea is that if someone asks you why your shirt is inside out, you can tell them, and if they feel the same way, they can then turn their shirt inside out and join the protest on a moments notice.

looking for grown up critique on this idea. 

We are all suffering through the same frustration with the current state of our program, but I can't disrespect the past and present players nor the long history of our university. And remember, recruits will be at the game.

it isn't disrespecting anyone. And you don't have to tell anyone, especially recruits that we aren't recruiting, why your shirt is inside out if you don't want to.

Its not like they don't know we haven't sucked for 2 decades...

I could just see on the SMU blog.........."UNT Rednecks so hung over they show up at homecoming with their clothes inside out"

I believe I would rethink this idea, my friend.

I don't think anyone at SMU pays any attention to us after our opening game and their second game.

Because they don't consider us a rival. You would be smart to do the same, because we aren't. 

Fans for other programs have done things like wear black. I know there is a negative connotation with that color but if there is enough of it in the stands, it does change the "look" quite dramatically.

• Upvote 1

Yes, we're disrespecting the players by showing up for a possibly 0-4 team, cheering,and sitting in a stadium where it may be raining.

I wish more players would realize this. From some of their statements they get more motivated by the fact that the fans, who do care, make critical statements because they're disgruntled. It's like they would rather do good to give us the metaphorical finger vs. do good feeding off our support and giving the alumni and students who don't care or support them the metaphorical finger. If that makes any sense.

• Upvote 4

it isn't disrespecting anyone. And you don't have to tell anyone, especially recruits that we aren't recruiting, why your shirt is inside out if you don't want to.

Its not like they don't know we haven't sucked for 2 decades...

I don't think anyone at SMU pays any attention to us after our opening game and their second game.

Because they don't consider us a rival. You would be smart to do the same, because we aren't. 

Considering DMac himself said more or less said we suck compared to SMU in games won in the series, easy to say it is not a rivalry and DMac's first game this year cemented it.

that would require much too much effort (printing shirts, distribution, etc...).

The beauty of this idea is that if someone asks you why your shirt is inside out, you can tell them, and if they feel the same way, they can then turn their shirt inside out and join the protest on a moments notice.

looking for grown up critique on this idea. 

I get where you are going, but I don't think it would get noticed by who you want it to be noticed by. Sure, the people in your immediate area would see and might ask, but it wouldn't be seen by the President or anyone with the ability to make changes. Not sure what the answer is, but I don't think this gets the attention you want.

No one is happy with the way this season is going.  But I think the wearing of a North Texas shirt inside out or the flying of a North Texas Battle Flag sends the wrong message.  So here's my suggestion.  One that I have not done so far. 

Write a letter.  Write a letter and send it to anybody you're unhappy with and CC the Athletic Director.  Write a letter to the President, the Head Coach, the parking attendant and the lady that sell Cokes.  A letter just sits there and haunts the reader.  It's hard to ignore a letter.  Not an e-mail- a real pen and paper letter. 

GO MEAN GREEN

I wish more players would realize this. From some of their statements they get more motivated by the fact that the fans, who do care, make critical statements because they're disgruntled. It's like they would rather do good to give us the metaphorical finger vs. do good feeding off our support and giving the alumni and students who don't care or support them the metaphorical finger. If that makes any sense.

If we have to be the bad guys in their narrative and that helps motivate them to turn it around, I'm okay with that. 

• Upvote 5

Well stated Billy.

Being motivated and having the talent to follow through are 2 very different things.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1