Really? I mean really, really?

keith

McNulty is the worst rated QB in all of FBS that has started every game for his team.

If he is our best QB, Mac should be fired for not recruiting shit at QB for 5 f'n years. 

If he isn't our best QB, Mac should be fired for refusing to look at other options due to his stubborn pride and /or nepotism toward a favorite player. 

Either way, it is completely asinine to refuse to look at other options not named Greer at this point. 

And 45-17 on Saturday won't change that stubborn old goat's mind one bit.

Predicted stat line for McNulty:

17-38 for 160 yards, 0 TDs and 3 turnovers (fumbles or picks). 

• Upvote 6

McNulty is the worst rated QB in all of FBS that has started every game for his team.

If he is our best QB, Mac should be fired for not recruiting shit at QB for 5 f'n years. 

If he isn't our best QB, Mac should be fired for refusing to look at other options due to his stubborn pride and /or nepotism toward a favorite player. 

Either way, it is completely asinine to refuse to look at other options not named Greer at this point. 

You're not giving McNulty his extra 100-or-so yards and extra TD VS 2nd/3rd stringers.

• Upvote 1

You're not giving McNulty his extra 100-or-so yards and extra TD VS 2nd/3rd stringers.

yep, his TD:INT is 2:4 this year.

He'll throw two picks, but get a TD as well. (Harris comes back to a wounded duck and loses his man in the process, shakes off a safety and runs away from the rest of the defense)

This is why you don't hire people who are set in they're ways and refuse to adjust,..and/or adjust their game plan for the personnel they have.

Still...it's not going to matter who plays QB as long as we have a 116th ranked defense.

Rick

Our 116th ranked defense is a direct result of our offense and their inability to maintain possession and give the defense a break. I am not saying we are solid on that side of the ball, but in the first 2 games against our "peer like" opponents weren't blown out till late. However the 21 point 3rd quarter against Rice may be indicative of poor coaching adjustments. Maybe you are onto something Rick.

Predicable offense=tired defense=bad result. Mac is delusional. This is almost an emperor's new clothes event, except people are starting to see and he is still denying he is naked!

Due to work commitments and family obligations I will not get to another home game until UTEP in late November. I presume there will be less than 4000K fans at that game if we continue on this path.

• Upvote 2

Personally, I don't think that's the case and not my fear. However, let me ask you this.  If you were a head football coach at a D1 football-playing university would you rather find that out now or during the first (or second) game of 2016?

If I was the coach I would be working him in for a few series each game, kinda like they did with Dajon.   Let his workload increase slowly as he improves.  The fact that he's not playing at all makes me think he's really behind learning the playbook or they know he's not very good and aren't ready to play him. 

FIFY

My fear is that Smith will play like a QB who is seeing his first game action and playing him will lead to a "Dajon at UAB" outcome....pulling him because he turns the ball over, then allowing McNulty to turn the ball over without repercussion 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If we see McNulty after another typical McNulty outing against Southern Miss it means only one thing.  Mac does not give a crap about extending his career as a FBS head coach anywhere after his current contract runs out.  When you aren't competitive in games except for a very few areas in incremental ways it is time to start experimenting and preparing for the future.  The only people who don't prepare for the future are fools and people who believe they don't have one.  So if Mac continues down this path of starting McNulty who has consistently plays bad then he is either one or the other.  I would hope that isn't delusional enough to believe that cronyism will get him a new contract here with a losing record and running off fans from Apogee.   The AD and BOR can't sit around while the money the program is losing increases month after month.  You have to throw the loyal fans a bone in a while and give them so hope and it is too convenient to do that when a head coaches contract is about to expire.  Unfortunately for us that is not until after the 2016 season.

• Upvote 1

Would some please tell me what the hell is going on behind closed doors at UNT? Every year under Mac a new golden boy is brought in at QB, left to rot, tossed to the side, classless evaluations are made public, and the player eventually quits. I'm absolutely no conspiracy theorist but I'm a realist and there is something going on.

• Upvote 3

Would some please tell me what the hell is going on behind closed doors at UNT? Every year under Mac a new golden boy is brought in at QB, left to rot, tossed to the side, classless evaluations are made public, and the player eventually quits. I'm absolutely no conspiracy theorist but I'm a realist and there is something going on.

Coach Mac's nephew is the starting QB?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If I was the coach I would be working him in for a few series each game, kinda like they did with Dajon.   Let his workload increase slowly as he improves.  The fact that he's not playing at all makes me think he's really behind learning the playbook or they know he's not very good and aren't ready to play him. 

how hard is it to learn interior run on first down, sweep or another trap run on second down, screen pass for in-completion on 3rd and 11. Add a few terrible timed out routs and a turnover and he should be right in the groove!

• Upvote 3

Hey, you don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to detect a pattern.

• Upvote 3