Really? I mean really, really?

keith

McNulty is consistent thought.....Consistent at being awful

I just love how Mac never dogs his QB but doesnt hold back calling out any of the other player

I still want us to win, but it would be interesting to see what he had to say after a four interception game. Most likely wholesale demotions at receiver would be forthcoming.

I say Smith starts playing after we lose 7 games. Then we are just playing for the sake of the season and not bowl eligibility. In Mac's mind, he is envisioning McNulty all of a sudden riding in and becoming super QB. Then Mac could get on air and rant about how he told us so... How McNulty was our guy and to shame the doubters.. (This is after we hear some Iowa/Florida stories) It's going to be a few more nut kickings with McNulty... Brace yourselves...

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 3

But....But....McNulty is consistent in practice, so he's the starter.  Forget that he craps out in a game.  Smith on the other hand is still learning and must be consistent in practice to earn playing time.  Does this make sense?   Just give Smith a chance during a game.  Even if it's garbage time.  Good grief MacCronie, just do something!

• Upvote 3

I say Smith starts playing after we lose 7 games. Then we are just playing for the sake of the season and not bowl eligibility. In Mac's mind, he is envisioning McNulty all of a sudden riding in and becoming super QB. Then Mac could get on air and rant about how he told us so... How McNulty was our guy and to shame the doubters.. (This is after we hear some Iowa/Florida stories) It's going to be a few more nut kickings with McNulty... Brace yourselves...

But that might ruin AM's chances to play at the next level.

• Upvote 5

he's consistent when he doesn't have to worry about being hit and he knows our db's are 42 yards off the receivers.  put some tight windows out there and a pass rush, his limited arm, lack of desire to run and get hit, and overall lack of height make him consistently bad.  Mac is officially so full of shit that it's now even starting to stink in Houston.

• Upvote 1

My fear is that Smith really isn't that good and playing him will lead to a "Dajon at UAB" outcome.  

Personally, I don't think that's the case and not my fear. However, let me ask you this.  If you were a head football coach at a D1 football-playing university would you rather find that out now or during the first (or second) game of 2016?

• Upvote 2

you know how some of your favorite/best writers feel can occasionally feel dated...Jane Austen for example, brilliant with the English word but one can take away only so much from tales of the daily lives and love affairs of white victorian gentry in 2015. 

TheTastyGreek, on the other hand, always feels topical. 

• Upvote 3

I don't get this whole practice crap either.  Since when did they start handing out trophies for winning practice.   I play golf.  Used to be pretty good back in the day and still play a lot today.  Some times before a match, I'd be Mr. Shankopotamus on the range hitting hosel-rockets or flubbing it off the mat (good thing coach wasn't watching), but once the round started, and everything counted...completely different person.   Sometimes it just takes having it actually mean something (you know, like keeping score) before the player shows up.

Until the offense is more than just handoff, handoff, throw bubble screen or short pass that is within two yards of the LOS, no QB is going to make this any better. But at least we would be excited at the prospect of a guy who basically Woody Wilsons it and freelances to actually move the ball in a quick strike fashion, instead of this boring game plan that cannot compete against current game plans at other G5 teams we thought we could compete with.

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2015/09/tuesday-afternoon-notes-ncaa-drops-hammer-on-smu-mccarney-on-smith.html/

Here’s what UNT coach Dan McCarney had to say yesterday.

“We would like to use Smith more if he is more consistent in practice,” McCarney said. “That is what we are looking for. He has athleticism that he has had since high school and junior college, but you have to have that trust factor with the guy out there taking the snap. It’s getting better each day, but it is not where we want it yet.”

UNT’s coaches have told Smith he must reach that point to have a chance to win the quarterback job.

“We expect him to improve and get better,” McCarney said. “That is DaMarcus’ responsibility; not anyone else’s. He has to learn, execute and earn trust. He is not giving up, packing his bags and looking for another school. He has done enough of that in his career. This is where he belongs. He needs to get more consistent. If he does that, he will get more playing time because he does have talent. There is no doubt about it.”

insanity-defined-by-einstein1.jpg

• Upvote 3