Here is the reality of our situation (long)

Harry

if you really want some game day green kool-aid try this:

1 part Midori (don't go generic)

1 part coconut rum (brand doesn't matter)

2 parts pineapple juice.

Yes, it's more of a chick drink and I usually just taste the drinks I make for AoM (and occasionally finish one-no alcohol abuse allowed), but it is green, sweet like kool-aid, and has enough alcohol to make being a Mean Green fan easier.

Thanks for the drink idea, intrigued.

As for @Harry post. I'm one of those long timers too who is nearly done. I feel guilty about that. Like it's my fault I want to check out. But the reason I feel that way is because this thing never changes. I'm not talking about who the QB is. Some of the rants on here just seem ridiculous. But because we will probably do nothing significant about the situation.

I realized that, as Harry said, things are different now. We should have expectations because the excuses have been stripped away. Are we going to start acting like there are expectations - inside the UNT walls? If so, and we see that, then I'm happy to keep hoping. But the belief in that reality is quickly fading. It never faded before because I recognized we didn't have the pieces, but now it's time to act like a school that wants to be better.

• Upvote 2

This thread is just full of lots of love...

And, btw, if Ryan and Ben Gooding fight, there aren't any winners in that ring...

Sorry, Harry, for the history lessons--but I guess I am just tired of watching people waster their time and money on something that was supposed to be much better once we:

A.) Hired a real, experienced coach

B.) Had a brand new football stadium

C.) Got out of the Crap Belt and had other regional teams in conference play

2013 fooled me badly--but the contract extension RV game Mac has handcuffed us for years ahead. I think someone should have to pay for that mistake that is high up in the leadership of the debacle. And Chico doesn't count...

Neal Smatresk is the last hope we have. If it doesn't happen with him in charge, its not gonna happen in enough time to keep me around. I'll say this again, if Tony Benford coaches one day at this school after this upcoming season ends without a postseason berth in the NIT or the NCAAs, I'm out, regardless...

• Upvote 3

I want to see Ryan "The Mauler" Munthe vs. Ben "The Bonebreaker" Gooding go toe to toe.

Winner gets a $1,500 purse.... (not a handbag) 

Will post the GoFundMe in just a bit

UTEP-Texas-Tech-Fight.png

Live on the scene.

Harry's right, still a lot of season left. On top of that, beer is available at Apogee. Gonna have a good time or die trying at the next 4 games.

Audacity said they may pull their line from sales at Apogee. 

With that being said - Harry, you give me hope.  #GoMeanGreen

Edited by Tyler Maryak
  • Upvote 1

Audacity said they may pull their line from sales at Apogee. 

I have not tried their beer and therefore have no opinion on it whatsoever.  I'm curious why they would pull it from Apogee.  It's a Denton beer with a Denton logo that's gotten into a Denton football stadium.  Doesn't seem like it costs them anything to sell their beer.  Why would they want to pull it out?  

I have not tried their beer and therefore have no opinion on it whatsoever.  I'm curious why they would pull it from Apogee.  It's a Denton beer with a Denton logo that's gotten into a Denton football stadium.  Doesn't seem like it costs them anything to sell their beer.  Why would they want to pull it out?  

Hahaha, aside from the results suggested above, all I heard is that it didn't sell well so they didn't think it would be profitable enough.

Hahaha, aside from the results suggested above, all I heard is that it didn't sell well so they didn't think it would be profitable enough.

Had the beer with the battle flag on it. It wasn't good, in my opinion.

Then again, I'm a wuss beer drinker that stays away from anything close to a dark beer. 

So...

• Downvote 2

Their brew is sub-par.  Sad situation that has lead to them wanting to pull their supply, but no loss on the beer front.

My thoughts after trying one:

35919056.jpg

Pretty packaging but I'll stick to Shiner.

My reaction as well......actually a bit more negative. Too hoppy.

Alien Ale is still the best. For an out of this world taste.

beers_pic1.jpg

ALIEN AMBER ALE:
We have blended eight different types of barley to create this amber ale.  It appeals to the largest segment of craft beer drinkers who enjoy a smooth, malty ale with no hop bitterness. 
IBU – 15         ORIGINAL GRAVITY – 1.048         ABV – 5.2%