QB offers...

Kane Hardin from Irving MacArthur  5'11 190

66% comp

1900+ yds

27/1 td/int

Leads 6A in passing efficiency and touchdowns. No offers

He is small though. 5'10 and 170 LBs (listed, that must be soaking wet). He plays for my Alma Mater and his dad was my Junior High football coach.  I've seen him play in person and he definitely has a little something but I'd be concerned about his size at the next level for sure. Maybe I'm still jaded by mini-Mac. 

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 1

He is small though. 5'10 and 170 LBs (listed, that must be soaking wet). He plays for my Alma Mater and his dad was my Junior High football coach.  I've seen him play in person and he definitely has a little something but I'd be concerned about his size at the next level for sure. Maybe I'm still jaded by mini-Mac. 

Or Riley Dodge...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The High School playoffs have once again proven that Denton County is one of the deepest talent pools in the state. This needs to be a point of emphasis with the new staff and the focus of recruiting. Push the local kids with the idea of getting to play in front of family and friends. Make it a point of pride in showing that Denton County is the best at football. Get to play with the guys you played against growing up. It would only take a few to get it started and you would then have local recruiters on campus and it is much easier to stay in touch with guys who go to high school within a 5 to 30 minute drive from campus. It wouldn't have a bad effect on ticket sales either.

• Upvote 4

The High School playoffs have once again proven that Denton County is one of the deepest talent pools in the state. This needs to be a point of emphasis with the new staff and the focus of recruiting. Push the local kids with the idea of getting to play in front of family and friends. Make it a point of pride in showing that Denton County is the best at football. Get to play with the guys you played against growing up. It would only take a few to get it started and you would then have local recruiters on campus and it is much easier to stay in touch with guys who go to high school within a 5 to 30 minute drive from campus. It wouldn't have a bad effect on ticket sales either.

Good post.  I agree 100% with your proposed strategy.

I know he had a knee Injury earlier in the year, but Dagan Haehn lives about 15 minutes away from Denton and only has one offer. Just saying, I think he deserves more than a look from us

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2158731/dagan-haehn

I watched his highlight film last night and I would love to see what this kid can do at the next level