QB offers...

Here is your answer. Just look at this Map, and how close all this talent is to UNT, and not a 1 on this list is even considering us. http://res.dallasnews.com/interactives/sportsday-top-recruits/ 

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/headlines/20151031-week-10-top-performers-cedar-hill-jr.-leads-passers-celina-qb-scores-7-times-sachse-sr.-provides-dual-threat.ece

Just peruse these lists and look at how many we have offered or would have offered if you want to use the Mac is gone ploy.  I coach in The Colony, see the talent that the Frisco, TC, and LE schools have and put out each year for the past three years.  Want to know how many of those kids UNT even offered let alone put the pressure on as far as recruiting?  In TC it was 0, sent 3 kids to the Navy, 1 to Iowa.  UNT didnt even sniff.  We have a RB this year who has 5 offers right now and UNT hasnt even offered.  He was invited to camp, brought several other kids with him.  It is absolutely mind blowing that you wouldn't try to get at least 4-5 kids from this district every year.  

I hope to God, the new coach isnt a total idiot when it comes to local recruiting.

so you are saying we are not out of scholarships?  

A rough figure is mid twenties total, but I'm no expert. At this point in the recruiting cycle, we should only have had a handful left to offer. Most recruiting occurs over the summer.

They've got to fill a whole class between December and January, and this was an issue before the mid-season fire.

A rough figure is mid twenties total, but I'm no expert. At this point in the recruiting cycle, we should only have had a handful left to offer. Most recruiting occurs over the summer.

They've got to fill a whole class between December and January, and this was an issue before the mid-season fire.

I'm no recruiting guru, but we can only sign 25 per class.   That counts grayshirts from last year's class (which I don't think we have any?) and mid-term JUCOs, which we don't have any yet, and High School graduates (which the only guy I can recall is Hair'Griffin).  So our recruiting is pretty dismal right now, but that's nice for the next coach if he gets here quick enough... he can get his own class together.

I'm no recruiting guru, but we can only sign 25 per class.   That counts grayshirts from last year's class (which I don't think we have any?) and mid-term JUCOs, which we don't have any yet, and High School graduates (which the only guy I can recall is Hair'Griffin).  So our recruiting is pretty dismal right now, but that's nice for the next coach if he gets here quick enough... he can get his own class together.

I thought we also had a RB from San Antonio and an Austin Westlake WR committed.  Either way, recruiting has been terrible this year.  

I thought we also had a RB from San Antonio and an Austin Westlake WR committed.  Either way, recruiting has been terrible this year.  

Yeah, Tyrone Middleton and Chase Cokley. Vito never followed up with Cokley. Maybe because of his past with Cokley's coach (Dodge).

247 also lists Curtis Hollis as a football commit, but he's actually a basketball commit who is playing his first year of HS football. Hollis turned some heads this summer, but he hasn't produced much (understandably so). If he were to try and play both sports, his scholarship would have to count towards football (by NCAA rule), so the new coach would have to be really on-board with Hollis to agree to that.

I expect the new coach to sign a full 25. We signed 25 last year, so we can't backcourt any early enrollees, but between the current group of about 15 scholarship seniors, about 5 open spots (about 80 scholarship players on team out of a possible 85), and players who will quit and transfer between now and when the freshmen arrive, there is no reason to not sign a full 25.

Yeah, Tyrone Middleton and Chase Cokley. Vito never followed up with Cokley. Maybe because of his past with Cokley's coach (Dodge).

247 also lists Curtis Hollis as a football commit, but he's actually a basketball commit who is playing his first year of HS football. Hollis turned some heads this summer, but he hasn't produced much (understandably so). If he were to try and play both sports, his scholarship would have to count towards football (by NCAA rule), so the new coach would have to be really on-board with Hollis to agree to that.

I expect the new coach to sign a full 25. We signed 25 last year, so we can't backcourt any early enrollees, but between the current group of about 15 scholarship seniors, about 5 open spots (about 80 scholarship players on team out of a possible 85), and players who will quit and transfer between now and when the freshmen arrive, there is no reason to not sign a full 25.

Forgot about Cokley.   I'd not heard of Middleton... or if I had, I completely forgot.

I'm glad Dodge still likes us enough to not steer his players away from us. I was worried there were hard feelings. Say what you want about his record here, guy was always a class act.

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome!!! We need a good QB so tell your son he could be the future of our program..What Size school does your son attend?

We certainly are in need of QB. Absolutely desperate. 

Welcome!

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1601611-highlights-qb-nyc-burns-emerging-in-okpreps

See a little Paxton Lynch in him.

If we get an HC who runs an Air Raid offense, I would offer him. 

We certainly are in need of QB. Absolutely desperate. 

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1601611-highlights-qb-nyc-burns-emerging-in-okpreps

See a little Paxton Lynch in him.

If we get an HC who runs an Air Raid offense, I would offer him. 

Day 1 camp competitor

Though I wouldn't mind him developing and getting stronger

• Upvote 1