MGB: Mike Thomas will not play for UNT this year

Brett Vito

big picture, buddy. 

What is going right with UNT athletics  right now? And I mean on the field/court in the big 3 sports?

So you want the big picture, but limit that big picture to just a portion of the picture and focus on details of that limited picture for the cause of the AD's firing. Just wanted to clear that up.

Not saying that everything is rosy, but this is a huge stretch. If you want to point to the failure of the basketball program at large under Benford as a reason to call for his job, then that is an argument that makes sense. To use this is does not.

Edited by forevereagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

So you want the big picture, but limit that big picture to just a portion of the picture and focus on details of that limited picture for the cause of the AD's firing. Just wanted to clear that up.

Not saying that everything is rosy, but this is a huge stretch. If you want to point to the failure of the basketball program at large under Benford as a reason to call for his job, then that is an argument that makes sense. To use this is does not.

this is a recruiting failure by a failure hire that deconstructed the only proud sport at this unversity.

Fair enough?

Oh, buildings and stuff... That we aren't winning in and attendance is declining in...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

You owe some major apologies, foremost to the most consistent winners:
10543917.jpeg

is soccer even a sport?

Kidding.

Referring to the big 3, obviously. 

But you are right, I must account for the soccer attendance increase, which climbed a massive 20% from 300 to 360 per game this last year...

<made up numbers>

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm sorry, but at which major university is soccer (either gender) a sport that really fires up a fan base to to point where a large portion of the fans either laud or roast the AD?

I never said that it did. I didn't say "big picture" and then define that as something less than the big picture. If we are truly looking at the big picture, then all sports should be considered. I actually sit somewhere in the middle on the whole fire RV discussion, but when we talk about the overall health of the Athletics Department and then only look at the big three, I get a little annoyed. If you want to make the argument that we should focus on the big three as the only view of success, then do that. But don't call it big picture.

• Upvote 2

I'm sorry, but at which major university is soccer (either gender) a sport that really fires up a fan base to to point where a large portion of the fans either laud or roast the AD?

I brought up the soccer ladies in particular to refute UNT90's statement that JJ's b-ball teams were "the only proud sport at this University".   

Do you agree that the soccer ladies have a proud tradition of winning?  Or, are you along for 90's winding road journeys?

• Upvote 2