How much longer until hockey starts????

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/40239/for-the-love-of-the-game-people-start-rooting-for-the-dallas-stars

Fans can complain all they want, but the issue is a complicated one and the league has shown precious little resolve to make the sort of drastic changes that might address it. You can vote with your eyeballs or your wallet, but that’s about it. There’s nothing you can do to help the league save itself.

Until now. This season, there really is a simple action we all could take that could make a difference.

This season, we all need to cheer for the Dallas Stars to win the Stanley Cup.

• Upvote 1

Tough overtime loss after a dominant performance against Edmonton.  That big bastard Nillson was unreal in net for them. Stars take a point and head home.

Rick 

Kind of cool to be at a point where 4 out of 6 points on the Western Canada swing is disappointing. 

• Upvote 1

Don't see many 4 goal leads blown.  Looked like we tried to coast too soon.  Got the win though.

Rick

I was at the game, the Stars stopped paying attention to details. I wanted us to keep our foot on the gas. I would love to see 12 - 0

Kari let a soft  one or two in. Jortie swung and missed clearing a puck that was put in. 

Not much to bitch about, we are 3 points ahead of any team in the NHL and 7 points ahead of any team in the west. 8 points ahead of any team in the central. 

A third of the games played and we are almost halfway to total points needed to make the playoffs

Edited by KingDL1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

Really.

That is pretty interesting

He's a national treasure and we were lucky to have him so long http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/latest-columns/20160120-ralph-strangis-an-old-man-back-on-campus-unstuck-in-time.ece

Got to go to the Pepsi Center tonight to watch the Stars beat the Avs. Great atmosphere!   Denver has a very efficient rail system that drops you off at the arena. It's got  a nice open concourse, and a very intimate arena with you right on top of the action. 

Entertaining game, and a much needed 2 points. 

Anyone else almost more concerned by the last two wins than the January slump? Is it being a spoiled fan by how easy everything game the first 3 months? I'll hang up and listen.

EDIT: Not to mention the whole Spezza injury thing, although excited for the opp this opens up for a certain Texas Star stud

Edited by Quoner

8 hours ago, Rudy said:

Got to go to the Pepsi Center tonight to watch the Stars beat the Avs. Great atmosphere!   Denver has a very efficient rail system that drops you off at the arena. It's got  a nice open concourse, and a very intimate arena with you right on top of the action. 

Entertaining game, and a much needed 2 points. 

I was there last night too - Pepsi Center is fantastic. That was actually the sleepiest crowd I've seen at an Avs game yet.