How much longer until hockey starts????

Western conference is so damn tough but I'm cautiously optimistic.  Dallas needs to get off to a good start otherwise this may be like last season all over agian.

They made some great moves we should be covered at Goalie with Antti Niemi as a solid option

Defense is beefed up  now all we need to do is get rid of Goose and I will be a happy camper. Not sure if Oleksiak will make it but I like Stephen Johns  

Offense is solid hopefully they will all back-check. Good to have Nichushin  back and healthy. 

Nice, I have never seen an away game in person. 

Most I talked with were happy with the trade still. 

It's funny - NESN is still doubling down on that party animal, not a leader Seguin stuff, but the fans I've met up here are not happy he was allowed to be traded (but do like Smith and Louie.) Now that Dougie Hamilton got traded and has gone through the same character assassination, I think a lot of them are dreading watching what should have been their best two players in a year or two fully blossom in the west.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this season.  Hell, who am I kidding?  I look forward to every season.  The moves made this offseason should address their problems.  The only way for this team not to make the playoffs is for the ghost of Ron Hextall to jinx Nemi and Lehtonen.  There's no way any decent coach shouldn't make the playoffs with this team.

• Upvote 1

I'm REALLY looking forward to this season.  Hell, who am I kidding?  I look forward to every season.  The moves made this offseason should address their problems.  The only way for this team not to make the playoffs is for the ghost of Ron Hextall to jinx Nemi and Lehtonen.  There's no way any decent coach shouldn't make the playoffs with this team.

You're absolutely right. If this team isn't at least in the top 6 (barring some crazy run of injuries), something has gone very wrong and a lot of fingers will point back at Lindy.

• Upvote 1

You're absolutely right. If this team isn't at least in the top 6 (barring some crazy run of injuries), something has gone very wrong and a lot of fingers will point back at Lindy.

Make no mistake, Lindy is on the hot seat. Tom Gaglardi was to win. I think he's done a pretty good job of fixing the mess Neuweindyk left. Nill has been a Godsend so far.

it's amazing how some people don't tolerate losing.

As for the injuries, I think that run of injuries Tippits' last year shouldn't have cost him his job. I think the run to the conference finals should have bought him a mulligan for that season.

• Upvote 1

Make no mistake, Lindy is on the hot seat. Tom Gaglardi was to win. I think he's done a pretty good job of fixing the mess Neuweindyk left. Nill has been a Godsend so far.

it's amazing how some people don't tolerate losing.

As for the injuries, I think that run of injuries Tippits' last year shouldn't have cost him his job. I think the run to the conference finals should have bought him a mulligan for that season.

Yeah - and I know we went back and forth a few times, but it's still hard for me to completely kill Joe for what he was doing without a budget or plan. However, now that Nill is here instead of him, I never, ever want to go back. There are still a lot of things about Ruff I don't get, but if he does go, I won't be sad because there is no way this leadership group doesn't find the best fit possible, which is just such a nice, new feeling. We've never seen this team built to do anything but outspend people to be good since they got to Texas, so getting to know the young talent and making smart trades has yet to even remotely get old.

• Upvote 2

The team will have to start well enough where they're not fighting to dig out of their hole created the rest of the season.  If they really struggle out of the gate and goes on for a few months I can see Lindy getting the boot middle of the season.  Personally not enough has been made about Fraser's job as the offense scores goals but it seems like it's never consistent with authority and the PP is always hit or miss.  

Defensively we know the talent just lacked here for many years so it's hard to really blame anything other than not being able to acquire talent for a long time..  At this point there's no excuse...it may not be a well oiled machine but they should be significantly better with the young players taking their share of lumps but that's completely fine by me.  

Yeah - and I know we went back and forth a few times, but it's still hard for me to completely kill Joe for what he was doing without a budget or plan. 

Bingo.  The timing and place of Joe was nothing but a lose lose situation for him.  When Joe arrived there was literally no young talent whatsoever in the organization.  I guess Benn was but at the time I don't think the organization knew how good Benn was or was going to be.  Despite the things you mentioned he was able to build the farm pretty well and stocked up on talent.  That talent aided us in getting Seguin and Spezza and there's still lots of talented kids in the organization that should be contributors for this team now and in the future.

Joe was great here for what he had to work with and he made a few decisions I didn't like but those just come with the territory and at the time I didn't fault him too much for decisions of Modano and Tippet even though those turned out to be disaster.

• Upvote 1

I really want the power play addressed this year I want a man in the crease drawing a defenseman and screening the goalie with shots galore. Way too many times we did not even get a shot off in a power play. Shoot the puck crash, Jamie and Val are defensive minded lets do the four offense one solid defenseman. Most goals are on the rebound loose puck clean up anyways not the pretty pass and shoot setup. 

I love what Nill is doing and the amount of young talent we have in Austin, Klingberg is going to insanely good if he continues what he has been doing. 

I heard some preseason hockey on Sirus while at work the other night.  Nashville and some other team.  Not gonna lie, I cried a little.

The season is just around the corner!!!!

Oct 8th and I was just handed seats behind the Stars bench

I love hockey, in fact i have been in a very competitive hockey fantasy league for the last 5 years. Winner gets 300$ and a Mini Stanley cup that we pass around to the winners with the team names engraved. I am a bruins fan but living here for 10 years i have followed the stars alot too. I like many at the time like the seguin trade but now we don't even have smith and Ericksson has been a bust so i wish we had a do over...even if he was a party animal he is a 30+ goals party animal lol. Stars have a lot of young talent. I drafted niemi and klingburg last night. Hoping for a good season.

I love hockey, in fact i have been in a very competitive hockey fantasy league for the last 5 years. Winner gets 300$ and a Mini Stanley cup that we pass around to the winners with the team names engraved. I am a bruins fan but living here for 10 years i have followed the stars alot too. I like many at the time like the seguin trade but now we don't even have smith and Ericksson has been a bust so i wish we had a do over...even if he was a party animal he is a 30+ goals party animal lol. Stars have a lot of young talent. I drafted niemi and klingburg last night. Hoping for a good season.

Klingburg looks to be the real deal, the rare fully first line super defenseman in the making. Nemeth is a stud, that freak accident last year with his wrist I would like to see him paired up with Klingburg also nice they are righty and lefty. Goose can be traded, hopefully soon.  Antti may very well be our starter before long, or get an even split of games, could be a great pick up. 

Klingburg looks to be the real deal, the rare fully first line super defenseman in the making. Nemeth is a stud, that freak accident last year with his wrist I would like to see him paired up with Klingburg also nice they are righty and lefty. Goose can be traded, hopefully soon.  Antti may very well be our starter before long, or get an even split of games, could be a great pick up. 

I already have Tukka Rask and Corey Crawford so Antti is my 3rd. It would be nice if he became the full time starter.

Of all the games I've ever been too for the Stars and Mavs I've never seen tailgating for AAC events but perhaps it's allowed but people just don't do them.

Never had an issue getting a water bottle of vodka or whiskey in early to create my own pregame inside, but most people just hit the bars nearby. Tailgates would be fun, but not sure where they would work around the AAC.

Hockey starts a week from today?

Does anyone here have any reservations about Ruff?  I hate that the powerplay  is still crappy with a 0-5 so far for the preseason games! 

I don't have reservations on Ruff necessarily but I think it's really important for Dallas to get off to a good start or at least good enough to where they're buried in the first month or so and they're trying to play catch-up the rest of the season especially in a very difficult west.  I don't think Nill is the type to make a knee jerk move by a mid-season firing  however it doesn't get off to a decent start I wonder how Tom Gaglardi will handle this.

I've been critical of Curt Fraser for a while now but I really hope the PP can finally be lethal and consistent which it hasn't been.  

I don't have reservations on Ruff necessarily but I think it's really important for Dallas to get off to a good start or at least good enough to where they're buried in the first month or so and they're trying to play catch-up the rest of the season especially in a very difficult west.  I don't think Nill is the type to make a knee jerk move by a mid-season firing  however it doesn't get off to a decent start I wonder how Tom Gaglardi will handle this.

I've been critical of Curt Fraser for a while now but I really hope the PP can finally be lethal and consistent which it hasn't been.  

http://video.stars.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=839057

I am not sure who is interviewing I start laughing and never finish the video. 

In his first question or so the interviewer asks; "when you find yourself on a power play unit as potent as the Stars have now" they were 0-5 at the time for this preseason I don't know if that changed last night. 

I've never been a Ruff fan, but this is his make it or break it year.  I don't know if I'd bring him back, but word is that Hitchcock wanted to come back here when we had the vacancy a few years ago.

Hopefully Nemi will become the number 1.  Nemi pitching a shutout, then Kari comes in and gives up 4 in last night's preseason game.