MGB: UNT's nonconference hoops slate out

Brett Vito

I've always preferred basketball over any other sport. I've had SMU bball tickets since I graduated in 2004. So I have sat through a lot of bad basketball over the years, but I've really enjoyed the success of the last two seasons. As for sanctions, we will likely lose one scholarship and LB might have to sit out the first few games this season. We'll be fine. There are no plans or indications that we'll go back to the pre-LB days moving forward.

you Stan's brother?

BMHoFer, in my opinion

I don't know how to say this without pissing people off, but UNT losses in hoops this upcoming year just get us closer to getting a new coach. I don't want Tony Benford anywhere near the Super Pit for 2016-2017 as our head coach. At this point, short of making the NCAA Tournament or NIT because we had a hugely successful season (like losing less than 7 games all season), he better not get another day as our coach even if we finish a few games over that pesky .500 mark that looks like a mountain right now, even with this piss-poor OOC schedule. And I don't think there's a chance in hell that will happen, either--he's a bad head coach, plain and simple. If he couldn't get to .500 last year, with an RV extension just begging to be given to him, then he won't get there this year, either. I truly believe that Rob Evans will be promoted to interim coach at some time this season, with a real possibility of auditioning for the job on a full time basis.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't know how to say this without pissing people off, but UNT losses in hoops this upcoming year just get us closer to getting a new coach. I don't want Tony Benford anywhere near the Super Pit for 2016-2017 as our head coach. At this point, short of making the NCAA Tournament or NIT because we had a hugely successful season (like losing less than 7 games all season), he better not get another day as our coach even if we finish a few games over that pesky .500 mark that looks like a mountain right now, even with this piss-poor OOC schedule. And I don't think there's a chance in hell that will happen, either--he's a bad head coach, plain and simple. If he couldn't get to .500 last year, with an RV extension just begging to be given to him, then he won't get there this year, either. I truly believe that Rob Evans will be promoted to interim coach at some time this season, with a real possibility of auditioning for the job on a full time basis.

I'm sure Rob Evans is a great guy and has had some success in the past as a head coach, but when/if we change coaches, I really hope we hire someone with a little more fire and energy.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I did.... Or steady I tried... The Sunday before I suffered a high ankle sprain and torn tendons in my left ankle at LA fitness hooping. I just don't understand the comment. I will always be committed to UNT basketball though. 

I thought your account could be a sock puppet until I was able to ascertain that you are a real person. I was just telling @Caw Caw that you are a real person. 

• Upvote 1

I thought your account could be a sock puppet until I was able to ascertain that you are a real person. I was just telling @Caw Caw that you are a real person. 

Maybe he is just so committed to the bit that he performs as his sock puppet persona while actually having a serious account?  Has anyone seen Andrew and Quoner in the same room at the same time?  We're talking Andy Kaufman level material here.  

• Upvote 4