Jackie Harvell (Gurdon, AR)

Ben Gooding

I've brought this kid up in the past, but I think he needs to be brought up again. He plays RB at his high school, but projects to safety or slot at the next level. 

Friday night vs the #2 team in 3A classification in Arkansas he had 38 attempts for 353 yards 3 TD to go along with 1 reception for 63 yards and a TD. He's getting looks from every D2 college in the state of Arkansas with his only offers being every state D2 college. He only plays 2A football, so this guy is the epitome of a hidden gem. He won the 100M at the state track meet in the spring and has a verified 4.38 40. Someone will swoop in and pick him up, why not North Texas. 

• Upvote 1

I would email Coach Patrick, even though it isn't his position. You may even get an email back.

The kid is probably more like 5'9 or else he should have multiple FBS offers with that size and speed.

I can see the 5'11" height in the video, but I don't see sub 4.4 speed. 4.4-4.5 but still plenty fast. I like his acceleration and lateral agility.

A lot of people are watching this kid's videos tho. 

He's leveled out to just over 6'. He has also surpassed 190. If nothing else he brings needed talent and speed to the roster. 

Jr season stats were 128 attempts for 1250 yards (9.8 yoc) and 20 td. 14 rec 166 yards 2 td. Returned 6 punts/kickoffs back for td. Also plays safety for his team where as a junior recorded 56 tkls and 10 int. He's also an extremely good dude and very humble. Honor roll student as well. IMO, he's a steal. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
Error
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Through 2 games... 50 rushes 415 yds. On pace to go over 2k not including playoffs. Will not be surprised one bit to see him do it. 

Looking for another Elkhart type product...look no further. 

So have you emailed the staff at untfootball@unt.edu and given them the scoop?

Sounds like we need to build a relationship with this guy before somebody else does. If his measurables are reasonably close to accurate, looks like he's got the size, speed, strength, and probably small town toughness to have a shot at being a playmaker for us. Digging up small town talent no matter where it's located obviously needs to be a major priority for us. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is a good reminder, going forward if you have a kid in mind who the coaching staff is not pursuing but you think they should be, alert them. Creating a thread on these types of players doesn't accomplish anything. 

How do we do this Billy? Just email the position coach? Serious question

I don't know. I've never tried personally. UNT90 has said to me, and on the board, that KP is your best bet to actually get a response. 

he responded last year about a kid. I finally managed to get the kid to a game this year and emailed him 6 days out, but didn't get a response.

Keep in mind it was game week and they may not have had interest in the kid anymore, so take it for what it's worth. 

Kid is a junior now and I originally contacted him when the kid was a freshmen, so things may have changed over the last 2 years.

I've brought this kid up in the past, but I think he needs to be brought up again. He plays RB at his high school, but projects to safety or slot at the next level. 

Friday night vs the #2 team in 3A classification in Arkansas he had 38 attempts for 353 yards 3 TD to go along with 1 reception for 63 yards and a TD. He's getting looks from every D2 college in the state of Arkansas with his only offers being every state D2 college. He only plays 2A football, so this guy is the epitome of a hidden gem. He won the 100M at the state track meet in the spring and has a verified 4.38 40. Someone will swoop in and pick him up, why not North Texas. 

Can he under throw out routs and hand the ball off on third and long? If so he is definitely our guy!

• Upvote 1