Jackie Harvell (Gurdon, AR)

Ben Gooding

• 2 weeks later...

Talented player, but...............4.37 in the 40? I don't think so. Judge for yourself.

Jackie Harvell HUDL Highlights

That being said, he is very productive at that level. I think he may make a better receiver than defensive back at the college level.

He has won the 100 and 200 state titles 2 years running. That doesn't happen on accident. 

Also, from what I have been told he is a 100% class act in everything he does. 

Headed to Quatichita Baptist.

This very well could be true. If no one offers he'll undoubtedly end up at either Ouachita Baptist or Henderson State. I'm pretty sure both offered a long time ago, but I haven't heard any news on a commitment to either though. I do know for a fact though that Arkansas State has been in Gurdon two Friday nights this season. 

All I know is this...I watched Kenneth Dixon in high school and I was pretty amazed that no one in D1 had offered him at the time I watched him. It took 800 PLAYOFF rushing yards paired with 15 PLAYOFF touchdowns for people to take notice. La Tech quickly jumped on his bandwagon between the quarterfinal and semifinal game. He committed there almost immediately. After he plowed his team through the semis and embarassed the runner up in the state final Arkansas came knocking but he held true to La Tech. Jackie Harvell has equal talent, slightly less power but slightly more speed. I guess he'll have to get himself 800 rush yards in the playoffs. I wouldn't put it past him. 

This very well could be true. If no one offers he'll undoubtedly end up at either Ouachita Baptist or Henderson State. I'm pretty sure both offered a long time ago, but I haven't heard any news on a commitment to either though. I do know for a fact though that Arkansas State has been in Gurdon two Friday nights this season. 

All I know is this...I watched Kenneth Dixon in high school and I was pretty amazed that no one in D1 had offered him at the time I watched him. It took 800 PLAYOFF rushing yards paired with 15 PLAYOFF touchdowns for people to take notice. La Tech quickly jumped on his bandwagon between the quarterfinal and semifinal game. He committed there almost immediately. After he plowed his team through the semis and embarassed the runner up in the state final Arkansas came knocking but he held true to La Tech. Jackie Harvell has equal talent, slightly less power but slightly more speed. I guess he'll have to get himself 800 rush yards in the playoffs. I wouldn't put it past him. 

No more bumping this thread unless it's because UNT has started recruiting him.

Ben, if you want our current or impending coaching staff to know about this kid, email them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No more bumping this thread unless it's because UNT has started recruiting him.

Ben, if you want our current or impending coaching staff to know about this kid, email them.

Our current staff? Yeah, that'll get us far. I hope this kid gets a CUSA offer and rushes for 2 bucks on us, granted we still win. I'll email whoever I need to once the new regime gets in. I'll hold off bumping the thread again. However, I will bump it at the very end of the year one last time with his final stats. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...

Alright...I said I was going to post his final stats after his season was final. His team lost in the quarterfinals to the undefeated and ranked #1 team in state 26-21. 

217 carries 2,125 yards 31 touchdowns. 9.9 ypc  18 receptions 421 yards 3 touchdowns. 10 kickoff returns 306 yards 2 touchdowns ---- 2, 852 all purpose yards - 36 total touchdowns 

Played sparingly at S throughout the season (as in once the game got out of hand in one way or the other he would be pulled), 64 tkls 3 int

*He has 5 confirmed offers from Henderson State, Ouachita Baptist, Arkansas Tech, Southern Arkansas, and Harding University. 

And, yes, Billy, this will be my last post about this kid. I will email the new coaching staff about him once we find out who that is. This guy would be a good get for us in the event that we offered. He is a swiss army knife on the field. He can do it all. 

Edited by Ben Gooding

Alright...I said I was going to post his final stats after his season was final. His team lost in the quarterfinals to the undefeated and ranked #1 team in state 26-21. 

214 carries 2,038 yards 30 touchdowns. 9.5 ypc  18 receptions 421 yards 3 touchdowns. 10 kickoff returns 306 yards 2 touchdowns ---- 2765 all purpose yards

Played sparingly at S throughout the season (as in once the game got out of hand in one way or the other he would be pulled), 64 tkls 3 int

*He has 5 confirmed offers from Henderson State, Ouachita Baptist, Arkansas Tech, Southern Arkansas, and Harding University. 

And, yes, Billy, this will be my last post about this kid. I will email the new coaching staff about him once we find out who that is. This guy would be a good get for us in the event that we offered. He is a swiss army knife on the field. He can do it all. 

I have two questions. 1. How do you know about this kid? 2. If he was a D1 player, don't you think any of the schools around (A state, La tech, Tulane, etc) would have at least talked with the kid? 

I have two questions. 1. How do you know about this kid? 2. If he was a D1 player, don't you think any of the schools around (A state, La tech, Tulane, etc) would have at least talked with the kid? 

1. I went to the same high school

2. A State has talked with him. He also has had an unofficial with Arkansas. Neither have pulled the trigger to this point. Someone is going to before it's said and done and I just hope it's UNT. 

• Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not that this matters because we never were recruiting him, but he committed today  to FCS member UCA. This thread can now be locked and buried. 

I know you went to his high school but don't you think we should be aiming higher than recruiting battles with FCS schools? Someone mentioned a QB from my old high school and I shot that down even though I have connections through his dad. I want what's best for UNT. 

• Upvote 2

I know you went to his high school but don't you think we should be aiming higher than recruiting battles with FCS schools? Someone mentioned a QB from my old high school and I shot that down even though I have connections through his dad. I want what's best for UNT. 

100% absolutely. But to be seen at a 2A high school in rural Arkansas by a school in the FBS is rare. Especially a RB because of "level of competition." Dude has the goods though. I can all but gurantee if he was playing any level of Texas HS football he would have multiple FBS offers. Oh well. Is what it is. 

• 1 month later...