SMU fans predict UNT Game

Harry

So humble 

"Friends of ours invited me to go to the UT game with them next week. We were going to take their private jet, sit in their club seats and I would have the opportunity to see my daughter who attends UT. I flew down to a couple of games with them last year, it's a nice way to spend a weekend. 
I told them thanks but no thanks, I'm driving to Dallas to watch the Mustangs. Can't wait to tailgate on the boulevard and watch the Mustangs whip up on North Texas State Normal College"

So humble 

"Friends of ours invited me to go to the UT game with them next week. We were going to take their private jet, sit in their club seats and I would have the opportunity to see my daughter who attends UT. I flew down to a couple of games with them last year, it's a nice way to spend a weekend. 
I told them thanks but no thanks, I'm driving to Dallas to watch the Mustangs. Can't wait to tailgate on the boulevard and watch the Mustangs whip up on North Texas State Normal College"

this guy summed up the SMU stereotype, all in one post. The only thing that's missing, is him describing his preppy douche shirt, khaki's, and his sperry's.

Guess he'll have a fun time explaining to his daughter that he skipped out seeing her to watch a good ol' fashioned Mean Green ass whoopin. 

Night.. Night.. Pony Princesses.. See you all in a week!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Wasn't that almost the exact situation last year? There was a small difference, UNT was the winner! Nice try on bating us with the North Texas State University line. Even smarter paying 100K for a 10K education. Smart move going to SMU. Real smart.

• Upvote 1

So humble 

I think this dude has a more believable story:

I'll be arriving via my gold flying saucer.

• Upvote 2

So humble 

We need to show a little more sympathy for this guy. Can you imagine the stigma of having to go on to the alumni  fan board with all your fellow graduates and admit that you couldn't afford to send your daughter to SMU and had to settle on sending her to a State school.  

Edited by NT1978
  • Upvote 3

I don't see how any of them OR any of us would feel comfortable with any predictions.  With so many changes and question marks on both sides - and the only litmus test thus far being their showing against a Top 10 team (which to me really doesn't tell you much of anything about how they'll fare against anyone else, especially one like our where nobody has ANY idea how good or bad we'll be this year) - "predictions" about this game are really just guesses about how good or bad both teams will be against normal (good or bad) mid-major opposition.

• Upvote 1

We need to show a little more sympathy for this guy. Can you imagine the stigma of having to go on to the alumni  fan board with all your fellow graduates and admit that you couldn't afford to send your daughter to SMU and had to settle on sending her to a State school.  

God forbid the daughter wanted to go somewhere else.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And he can not afford his own private jet. What a scrub. Hanging out of his best friends private jet.

• Upvote 1

God forbid the daughter wanted to go somewhere else.

God forbid a state school! Oh no! SMU isn't exactly Ivy League or in a category with Rice or Stanford. Hell, it's not up there with TCU.

I'm sure all the kids at states schools have a boring existence partying too. I'll take a big state school in the party department for the college experience all day long. But then again, if given a choice to drink too much and make bad decisions over not drinking too much and making good decisions, well, I always choose one way. And I have two daughters that I can afford to send anywhere I damn well please. They just aren't allowed to date guys like my friends and I.

Sidebar, funny story, I was at a party at the Phi Kap house one night. My friends and I overheard some douche kid say pretty much the same statement about how rough it must be to be at a state school. I never saw him again to ask he and his friends if it sucked when their girlfriends left with my buddies and I. I won't mention the details on a public forum. That was a fun night. A couple of guys on this forum were there at Hickory Village after the Tavern.

Edited by UNTexas

Hell, it's not up there with TCU.

As far as I know, every academic ranking service has SMU higher than TCU.

Por ejemplo:

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/smu-3613

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/tcu-3636

http://www.forbes.com/colleges/southern-methodist-university/

http://www.forbes.com/colleges/texas-christian-university/

If you find one stating the opposite then post it so I will change my outlook.

Edited by malonish
  • Upvote 1