RV joins us on podcast tonight: Questions?

Harry

The promo and link to the show tonight are below.  In case you cannot make it tonight, feel free to post your questions for RV.  RV is graciously coming on the show with a very busy schedule so I ask that you be considerate of your questions and keep in mind he is our guest.

I know he has a lot of GOOD info to share with us on a range of interesting subjects but we will try to leave open some time for your questions.

If you are a guest on here, please note that you will need to register on the site to have access to the chatroom.  Registering is easy and free, and you are able to use your Facebook, twitter and google accounts.  Click here to Register.

------------------------------------------------

referral-0613052001345069411.gif

Join us tonight at 9pm cst as we welcome University of North Texas Athletic Director Rick Villarreal.  You don't want to miss this opportunity as there is a lot of news to share with the fans.

Rick will share his thoughts as we head into the 2015 season as well as take fan questions.  BRING ON SMU and the GMG Flag is officially flying over Ford baby!  As usual we will cover the latest UNT sports and news topics in a fun and interesting way that allows our fans to participate LIVE.

GoMeanGreen.com is proud to offer a fan's weekly take of everything Mean Green Sports with The GoMeanGreen Barbershop Podcast offered up fresh and live on Wednesday nights @9pm CST - before, during and after the Mean Green Football Season. UNT Alums and certifiable Mean Green fanatics Evan Dolezal, Ashton Campbell (Beyond the Green) and Harry Miers host the show and will be providing the latest news and of course their opinions.  Fans are free to join in the podcast live and provide their questions, insight and feedback.  After the show a complete audio broadcast is available to listen via itunes, windows media or your favorite audio player.

If you are a guest on here, please note that you will need to register on the site to have access to the chatroom.  Registering is easy and free, and you are able to use your Facebook, twitter and google accounts.  Click here to Register.

This is going to be an action packed show that you don't want to miss.  To join in the fun click here to jump in the chatroom tonight at 9pm cst or thereabouts!  GMG!

1. Baseball -WTF?

2. Benford - WTF? (I don't expect you  to actually ask this one)

3. Is there a plan in place to raise our MGC numbers from last place in CUSA? What is the timeline of that plan and who is accountable for its success?

4. How short of a leash does Coach Kee have after the mass exodus and horrible record last season?

5. How long do you think it will take for Jalie to be successful and how are you defining success for her and the women's team?

• Upvote 7

I'd love to hear what actually goes into scheduling a team.  Things like how are teams identified; how the AD for another school is approached; etc.  I don't think it's as easy as some feel it is.

• Upvote 5

1. Baseball -WTF?

3. Is there a plan in place to raise our MGC numbers from last place in CUSA? What is the timeline of that plan and who is accountable for its success?

4. How short of a leash does Coach Kee have after the mass exodus and horrible record last season?

5. How long do you think it will take for Jalie to be successful and how are you defining success for her and the women's team?

How about just this question:

1) WTF?

• Upvote 4

1. Baseball -WTF?

The only rational questions for Harry & crew to ask here (unless he hopes to alienate the Athletic Department from ever facilitating anything for him again)  are #1 & #5.

And we all know the answer to #5:   "We expect her to be successful right away.  She was brought here to win games, and that will be the definition for her success...."  Same stuff for any brand new coach.

Of course, we all want an update on baseball Harry.   Is it back on now that the accounting debt has been wiped clean?

• Upvote 2

If GoMeanGreen.com was a burning building and you could only save 4 people, who would you save and why?

Kram, Meangreentexan, Flyonthewall, and gladtobegreen.

Also, would push down Quoner, P1, 90, UNTjim, FFR (dude should be able to save himself in a fire anyway), and Emmit. Everyone else is on their own.

/RV

• Upvote 6

Kram, Meangreentexan, Flyonthewall, and gladtobegreen.

Also, would push down Quoner, P1, 90, UNTjim, FFR (dude should be able to save himself in a fire anyway), and Emmit. Everyone else is on their own.

/RV

Not a bad list, but can he count saving himself? If not, we need one more. 

Also, I'm not sure if UNTJim makes the push list, but not a bad start. It probably also needs Tasty, TulsaFaninTexas (who had his slow burn revenge by foiling our scheduling plans) and, of course, the mythical LoveMG.

• Upvote 2

Not a bad list, but can he count saving himself? If not, we need one more. 

Also, I'm not sure if UNTJim makes the push list, but not a bad start. It probably also needs Tasty, TulsaFaninTexas (who had his slow burn revenge by foiling our scheduling plans) and, of course, the mythical LoveMG.

Then add UNTfan23.  I'd like to say John Williams, but much like Chuck Norris, he doesn't need saving.

I thought about Tasty, but since he seems to be in (self imposed) exile it would be tough to be trapped in a burning GMG. Tulsa and Love are before my GMG time.

• Upvote 3

I probably deserve to get pushed into it--while getting shot...

I'd ask him this--what does Neal Smatresk say to you about turning things around here in the revenue sports? Is there talk of extra funding to go toward athletics beyond the athletic fee increase this year, like, for example, to continue raising it as much as they can going forward?

• Upvote 3

When should we expect his resignation? 

Also, ask him why we are last or close to in fundraising/donor levels, season ticket sales, club membership, etc. Also, what in the plan in place if we don't find a successful basketball season? Why are there minimal marketing efforts? What happens if we have another losing season in football? Should we just grab our ankles and accept it? Why is attendance so bad in..uh...everything, especially considering the size of student body/local alum base? What efforts is he making to establish a fruitful, real relationship with the city of Denton? And, of course, where is baseball? 

To make things short, answer the very first question with "the summer of 2016." 

I'll hang up and listen. 

Then call back disgruntled. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
error
  • Downvote 2

Then add UNTfan23.  I'd like to say John Williams, but much like Chuck Norris, he doesn't need saving.

I thought about Tasty, but since he seems to be in (self imposed) exile it would be tough to be trapped in a burning GMG. Tulsa and Love are before my GMG time.

If you like CougarKing, you would have LOVED TulsafaninTexas.   If you hate CougarKing, you probably would have used your keyboard to smash your monitor when reading TulsafaninTexas.   Although homie only stayed around for gameweek... not several years after.

LoveMG...   uh, he had some interesting, uh, 'thoughts'

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 2