Xavier Scott - RB from Denton High School

Withers940

Also short-sighted & likely incorrect.

Having watched Byrd and Scott, I am comfortable with that claim.  Have you seen Scott play?  If not, your comment is short-sighted and likely incorrect.  I don't "Nancy Pelosi" my comments.  You know, making them before I have reviewed the goods.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I have mentioned this kid before but I am super intrigued by this kid. He's Xavier Scott from Denton High, at 5'10 and 213 pounds, he's a touch slow at 4.6 40 but he could be a bruising 3rd down back. He has no offers but just wanted to throw this kid out to everyone

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2560709/xavier-scott

http://247sports.com/Player/Xavier-Scott-35560

This last Friday he ran for 165 yards and 4 touchdowns on 24 carries. 6.88 Yards per carry

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2560709/highlights/283344371/v2

you a coach at DHS?? All his highlights are private. 

Having watched Byrd and Scott, I am comfortable with that claim.  Have you seen Scott play?  If not, your comment is short-sighted and likely incorrect.  I don't "Nancy Pelosi" my comments.  You know, making them before I have reviewed the goods.

I guess we'll just have to see when Mr. Scott winds up as a starting RB for an FBS team for 3 years, and is the bell cow not only for the running game, but the entire offense.

No, When I first made this post, they were public so I dont know what the deal is

Nuts, I was wanting to check them out.  Not a good look by the coaches to make stuff Private 

• Upvote 2

I guess we'll just have to see when Mr. Scott winds up as a starting RB for an FBS team for 3 years, and is the bell cow not only for the running game, but the entire offense.

I am nlt discrediting Byrd.  I loved what Byrd did at UNT, but Scott is a,totally different type of runner.  The situation will determine when and how long someone starts for an FCS school so that is an invalid comparison.  Again, have you seen Scott play?

I am nlt discrediting Byrd.  I loved what Byrd did at UNT, but Scott is a,totally different type of runner.  The situation will determine when and how long someone starts for an FCS school so that is an invalid comparison.  Again, have you seen Scott play?

I understand that his opinion on Byrd vs Scott should be somewhat limited by not seeing him live, but that's also the same logic Cooley used to use to validate his opinion that we should not have offered Brandon Garner.

I have now seen Timberview 3 times (DeSoto, Cedar Hill & Trinity) . Can someone remind me why we offered Brandon Garner?

Cooley also missed on Nick Orr and his large offer list, who is now starting at TCU as a true Sophomore. 

We all miss on players, so I'll trust that a guy who has 10 P5 offers is better than a guy who has 2 G5 offers any day of the week, no matter who has seen them in person and who hasn't. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Brandin Byrd had one FCS offer.  Scott seems like a good comparison.

I understand that his opinion on Byrd vs Scott should be somewhat limited by not seeing him live, but that's also the same logic Cooley used to use to validate his opinion that we should not have offered Brandon Garner.

And Garner has done what so far?

I have not seen him play.  No.  Don't plan to either.   So, we're just going to have to wait and see the results of their college careers, huh?

However, when comparing a dude who had a pretty great career at North Texas to a High School Senior, saying the High School Senior is a "level ahead" of Brandin Byrd...  Yeah, I'd say you're discrediting Byrd.

And Garner has done what so far?

Besides winning a starting job as a redshirt freshman, leading our LBs and being 2nd on the team in TFLs 1/3 of the way into the season, being our best outside linebacker, or making plays when he gets out there, including against Iowa?

por ejemplo 

a7GQL1.gif

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...