Xavier Scott - RB from Denton High School

Withers940

I have mentioned this kid before but I am super intrigued by this kid. He's Xavier Scott from Denton High, at 5'10 and 213 pounds, he's a touch slow at 4.6 40 but he could be a bruising 3rd down back. He has no offers but just wanted to throw this kid out to everyone

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2560709/xavier-scott

http://247sports.com/Player/Xavier-Scott-35560

This last Friday he ran for 165 yards and 4 touchdowns on 24 carries. 6.88 Yards per carry

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2560709/highlights/283344371/v2

• Upvote 1

I'd tag him as an early down workhorse. I like his footwork and vision in between the tackles. Decisive, downhill runner. Agile enough to take angles away from defenders in the hole. If he can get up to 220 in college, he'd be hard work to bring down. 

Haven't had a bruising in between the tackles runner since Byrd. This kid's got plenty of potential.

• Upvote 2

I have mentioned this kid before but I am super intrigued by this kid. He's Xavier Scott from Denton High, at 5'10 and 213 pounds, he's a touch slow at 4.6 40 but he could be a bruising 3rd down back. He has no offers but just wanted to throw this kid out to everyone

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2560709/xavier-scott

http://247sports.com/Player/Xavier-Scott-35560

This last Friday he ran for 165 yards and 4 touchdowns on 24 carries. 6.88 Yards per carry

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2560709/highlights/283344371/v2

Pretty sure the 4.6 is a hand-timing. Would guess he's more likely in the 4.8's on a laser. If you're 4.6 at 213 pounds that is moving.

Good between-the-tackles back. Workhorse for DHS.

• 4 weeks later...

Coach Atkisson spoke at my Kiwanis meeting a couple of weeks ago.  He said to answer a specific question, that Xavier Scott would like to go to NT but has not been contacted.  Keep in mind that this is Denton High School.  DHS is about 1 mile from the NT campus and, unless he has recently left, is where Derek Thompson is the QB coach.

Your mileage may vary.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 3

Coach Atkisson spoke at my Kiwanis meeting a couple of weeks ago.  He said to answer a specific question, that Xavier Scott would like to go to NT but has not been contacted.  Keep in mind that this is Denton High School.  DHS is about 1 mile from the NT campus and, unless he has recently left, is where Derek Thompson is the QB coach.

Your mileage may vary.

GO MEAN GREEN

Usually with local kids if they aren't offered early then they won't be offered at all, unless plan a-d fell through. I wouldn't expect an offer here.

Usually with local kids if they aren't offered early then they won't be offered at all, unless plan a-d fell through. I wouldn't expect an offer here.

Which amazes me why our staff doesnt hit the Denton County Schools very hard at all. Between GUYER, RYAN, Denton, Argyle, and Lake Dallas there as been too many D1 talent slip away and go somewhere else. Its like we have blinders on or something. What are your thoughts on Local talent and why we dont chase after them more?

I get sometimes there are kids that are way too good for us to pull in but if you dont try there is no chance

Which amazes me why our staff doesnt hit the Denton County Schools very hard at all. Between GUYER, RYAN, Denton, Argyle, and Lake Dallas there as been too many D1 talent slip away and go somewhere else. Its like we have blinders on or something. What are your thoughts on Local talent and why we dont chase after them more?

I get sometimes there are kids that are way too good for us to pull in but if you dont try there is no chance

We have two Guyer kids on scholarship right now.

It's also been discussed before that sometimes kids would rather go somewhere else than stay so close to home.  It's one thing to get kids from Dallas or Mesquite or something, it's different to get kids from Denton & the surrounding towns.

• Upvote 1

We have two Guyer kids on scholarship right now.

Dillman, Great Pick up. John Schilleci was a two star and I see two different websites saying we were his only offer and then Rivals said he was offered by WSU. All I am saying is that there is so much more talent here than just two guys. Such as the DT from Ryan this year

It's also been discussed before that sometimes kids would rather go somewhere else than stay so close to home.  It's one thing to get kids from Dallas or Mesquite or something, it's different to get kids from Denton & the surrounding towns.

That might be so but why not try?

May 2014 he was laser-timed at 4.98 with a 4.60 shuttle at 5-9, 197.

Link: http://www.studentsports.com/football/2014/05/07/dallas-nfsc-results-h-s/

I think most on this board, and in general, are still used to just listing some spare hand-timed 40 time and going off that. When people would give times that were not valid, so now when pepole hear anything above 4.6 they think that's slow because illegitimate 40 times devalued a truly run, laser-timed 40 of that speed.

• Upvote 1

I don't care if he was laser timed at 6.0, I have watched him play and have seen 200 yard game after 200 yard game reported in the paper.  You don't have the success he has without some sort of speed, quickness and elusiveness.

• Upvote 2

I don't care if he was laser timed at 6.0, I have watched him play and have seen 200 yard game after 200 yard game reported in the paper.  You don't have the success he has without some sort of speed, quickness and elusiveness.

Right. We're not saying he's slow. We're just saying he might run maybe a 4.7 laser-timed 40, and he's obviously fast, and that a legit laser-timed 4.7 is faster than most people think. Because so many players have claimed times like 4.4 or 4.5 in the past on profiles like rivals, people think a 4.7 laser-timed is slow, when it's not.

• Upvote 1

He's not getting these yards in 6man, 3A, 4A, Its 5A football in Texas and that's more competitive than anything you will find this side of the Mississippi

Ranked #5 in Rushing total in 5A and would be #7 overall if you combine 5A and 6A

• Upvote 1

He's not getting these yards in 6man, 3A, 4A, Its 5A football in Texas and that's more competitive than anything you will find this side of the Mississippi

Ranked #5 in Rushing total in 5A and would be #7 overall if you combine 5A and 6A

No one said he was bad. Just saying most people on, say, rivals who claim a 4.4 or 4.5 that isn't verified would probably struggle to get under a 4.6 at a camp on a laser-timed 40. This guy ran a 4.98 laser-timed 40 just a little over a year ago, and he's obviously not slow.

That's not a good time, and he could probably do a good amount better, especially now, but that's faster than most realize because so many have claimed fast 40 times that they couldn't actually run in a laser-timed 40.

• Upvote 2

No one said he was bad. Just saying most people on, say, rivals who claim a 4.4 or 4.5 that isn't verified would probably struggle to get under a 4.6 at a camp on a laser-timed 40. This guy ran a 4.98 laser-timed 40 just a little over a year ago, and he's obviously not slow.

That's not a good time, and he could probably do a good amount better, especially now, but that's faster than most realize because so many have claimed fast 40 times that they couldn't actually run in a laser-timed 40.

Im not saying anyone was saying he was bad. I am just being a Rah-Rah guy for this Kid, thats all. I always root for Denton Kids to excel at the next level whether they come here or go to North Dakota State

Perhaps local kids see it as a failure to stay at home and play. Kids can be shortsighted at times... Parents too!

• Upvote 1

Perhaps local kids see it as a failure to stay at home and play. Kids can be shortsighted at times... Parents too!

Couldnt agree with you more. The most important thing should be education because the percentage of College athletes, no matter where they attend school, that go to the NFL is very very low. Anyone have the numbers on that? So why not stay close to home, get some PT, a great education and have your folks be able to see the majority of your college games

• Upvote 1