It’s time for a MGB tradition — Get Your Rear on the Record

Harry

Already have $100 being held and I am taking SMU and giving 7. Dan Macarney is no match for Chad Morris and a great freshman class with an agile A$M transfer @ QB.

What does the freshman class have to do with it?  A placekicker and QB are the only freshmen on SMU's 2-deep, and the QB won't ever see the field barring an injury.

I hope you don't plan on going into hiding the night of the 12th to avoid coming here and eating the huge serving of crow you've been cooking up for yourself.

• Upvote 5

What does the freshman class have to do with it?  A placekicker and QB are the only freshmen on SMU's 2-deep, and the QB won't ever see the field barring an injury.

I hope you don't plan on going into hiding the night of the 12th to avoid coming here and eating the huge serving of crow you've been cooking up for yourself.

Don't make valid points against the silly bet. Just take the money and run!

They have 9 true FR listed as either starters or back-ups in their 2 deep. 

Matt Davis the Aggie QB does fit the Chad Morris system better than June Jones.

SMU will be improved and will have already played a game.

but

North Texas will be improved too.

Already have $100 being held and I am taking SMU and giving 7. Dan Macarney is no match for Chad Morris and a great freshman class with an agile A$M transfer @ QB.

I dont see how you can say that Chad Morris is no match for Coach Mac at this point. Coaching offense well and managing an entire program are two completely different things. He cant spend all day with his QB or the offense. He has to spread it around. I do think he will be a good coach in time, but saying he is a better coach then Mac at this point is just a false statement.

• Upvote 1

Here's my projections for North Texas football 2015-16 season:

W ==> 9/12  @   SMU
L ==> 9/19  vs. Rice *
L ==> 9/25  @   Iowa
W ==> 10/3  @   USM *
W ==> 10/9  vs  Portland State
L ==> 10/15 vs  WKU *
L ==> 10/24 @   MRSH *
W ==> 10/31 vs  UTSA *
L ==> 11/7  @   LT *
L ==> 11/13 @   TENN
W ==> 11/21 @   MTSU *
W ==> 11/27 vs  UTEP *

Overall: 6-6
Conference: 4-4
  • Upvote 2

Here's my projections for North Texas football 2015-16 season:

W ==> 9/12  @   SMU
L ==> 9/19  vs. Rice *
L ==> 9/25  @   Iowa
W ==> 10/3  @   USM *
W ==> 10/9  vs  Portland State
L ==> 10/15 vs  WKU *
L ==> 10/24 @   MRSH *
W ==> 10/31 vs  UTSA *
L ==> 11/7  @   LT *
L ==> 11/13 @   TENN
W ==> 11/21 @   MTSU *
W ==> 11/27 vs  UTEP *

Overall: 6-6
Conference: 4-4

I appreciate your optimism but keep in mind that the only time Dan McCarney won 3 road games at NT was in 2013. He only has 2 road wins in total over the rest of his NT tenure.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3

Has Chad Morris coached a real game with SMU yet? I get that a new coach can do wonders. But SMU has a lot more problems that will require time to figure out.

But hey, root for SMU all you want guess....

• Upvote 1

Boy you guys can get edgy over this game which is Good ! Seriously this is a bet that I hope I lose, just trying to put a jinx on the the SMU horses' rears!! GMG

um yeaahhh.  This SMU game could be a jump the shark for both teams in 2015.  So yeah we're on edge.

Edited by Harry

6-6 with wins over SMU, Rice, Southern Miss, Portland State, UTSA and UTEP.

That is what I sent to Vito. UNT is better, but so is the conference. Have to be much better than expected to beat 7-5 when facing several strong teams on the road. Getting to 6-6 requires a Texas sweep plus wins over SouthMiss and Portland State. Any other scenario for 6-6 or better includes a nice upset on the road.

I'm going to take a sip of the green koolaid and say 8-4, Wins vs SMU, Rice, Portland St, Southern Miss, UTSA, UTEP, WKU, and yes... I'll claim Iowa as an upset win. Thanks to the show our defense and special teams puts in late September.

Get some of that koolaid in the concession stands at Apogee and watch our attendance soar.

5-7 with a crushing loss at home against UTEP that denies our bowl eligibility 

This is too specific and too heartbreaking to imagine. I refuse to agree with you.

I said months ago I think we can win 6 games in our schedule. Of course, that would actually require us to win a game on the road (SMWho). 7-6 after a 24-21 upset bowl win.