Big mistake by our coaching staff....

cdizzle86

I don't know if anybody else noticed, but the starting QB for UTSA is Blake Bogenschutz. For those of you who don't know him, he was the QB from Carthage. The same place and graduating class that Rutherford and Goree came from. All we had to do was offer and he would probably be here, but our coaches can't effectively evaluate QB talent. 

This is so frustrating. I hope we win against UTSA, but if we don't this is a huge slap in the face to the coaching staff. We're stuck with a Sr. QB who has no history of success and the little school down south has a Redshirt Fr. QB that we could've had. 

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 7

Well UTSA saw something in him and he's turning out to be pretty good so far. Yes, a lot remains to be seen, but I would much rather be in their spot with QB's than ours. Also we are 0-2 against UTSA, so obviously they are doing something right. 

Or their QB situation is so bad that he is their only option.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, that's why you'll never see me bash the staff for not offering him. I watched all of their 6 playoff games on YouTube and he didn't look like an FBS QB to me. I'd rather have him than Means at this point, but I think we could've done better than either. Still pulling for Means since he is in Green.

I think we did do better...  He's just playing a different position.

• Upvote 2

Well, if we use our QBs performance at Texas as a metric, if he can throw for 20 yards in a game then he's a rock star.

We passed for more completions, yards, and touchdowns to Texas than to our own team.

Greer and backup Andrew McNulty were just 3 of 17 passing for 15 yards and four interceptions and four sacks. Demarco Cobbs returned a late interception 28 yards for Texas' final touchdown.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=400547836

• Upvote 3

We passed for more completions, yards, and touchdowns to Texas than to our own team.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=400547836

I never thought stats could be that low by two supposedly D1 QBs. I was embarrassed for both of them. Losing is one thing but to lose and look terrified (Greer) out there is just pathetic. That said, our Defense played there hearts out and stopped a horrific blowout from happening. 

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 3

I never thought stats could be that low by two supposedly D1 QBs. I was embarrassed for both of them. Losing is one thing but to lose and look terrified (Greer) out there is just pathetic. That said, our Defense played there hearts out and stopped a horrific blowout from happening. 

This is why I say that the UAB game by Dajon wasn't the worst quarterbacking performance I'd seen out of a NT qb. Dajon made many bone-headed plays that game but he still had more completions to his own team. Dajon's qbr for the UAB game according to Espn was 5.2. Greer went 0.2 and McNulty went 0.1 in the Texas game.

• Upvote 3

This is why I say that the UAB game by Dajon wasn't the worst quarterbacking performance I'd seen out of a NT qb. Dajon made many bone-headed plays that game but he still had more completions to his own team. Dajon's qbr for the UAB game according to Espn was 5.2. Greer went 0.2 and McNulty went 0.1 in the Texas game.

Well, in their defense, Texas was just an unbelievable team last year...oh wait!!

• Upvote 2

There was one play just before Greer took a knee where I felt like I could hear the backup QB from Necessary Roughness shouting at the ref  "Blow the whistle!  BLOW THE WHISTLE!"

• Upvote 3