UNT alumn Carlos ORtiz at the Fedex Cup playoffs

outoftown

To follow up on a prior topic: Carlos finished 112th in the Fedexcup through the regular season. This means:

a) that he retains his PGA tour card next season

b) that he plays in the playoffs that start this week with the Barclays

c) that he needs to make up a few points to qualify for the next event where only the top 100 will be able to attend.

on another note, he is also still in the running to qualify for the olympics. If the deadline were tomorrow, he'd be in, but he will lose a lot of points untill the deadline.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 4

Mmm . . . not quite.  Craig Robertson is making $2.536 million this year.

Yeah. I was quite sure he made more than Dunbar, but I somehow didn't follow Robertson all that closely and had in my mind that he was going to stop playing or something. I don't know why, maybe misremembered or misheard something.

In any case Carlos didn't do too well yesterday and played +3. It's going better today, through 12 today he is -2 for the day, +1 overall. The cutline is liikely gonna end up at +2 overall.

Finished off even better. Managed to birdie 16 straight out of the bunker, and birdied 18. Finished the day with a -8 62, is -7 overall.

That is tied for first with bubba Watson! Yes the leaders are yet to tee it off, but a great effort by Carlos, and we are likely to see him a bit on the broadcast, and he sure did what he could to get back into contention.

• Upvote 6

Had a super hot start today, -4 after 5 holes, then pared a few and now on 9 disaster struck, he has taken a penalty shot for hitting it out of bounds and scored a triple bogey putting him back to -1 for the day, -3 overall, currently tied for 35th for the tournament, projected 77th in the Fed-ex rankings.

• Upvote 2

Ok, Carlos Season is over. It didn't get any better from the ninth hole on. one more birdie, 2 bogies, a double bogie and another triple bogie, a total of four penalty shot on the day all combined for +5 on the day, +3 for the tournament a tie for 64th in the tournament and way out of the top 70 in teh fed ex cup rankings.

That said it was a successful rookie season for Carlos, who managed to retain his card earned almost a million in prize money and will know the courses better next season. I expect big things next season, including a qualifcation for the olympics.

• Upvote 3