J-Mychal, Deaundre and Ja'Michael shooting in the gym

Harry

making 5 out of 11 isn't good enough.... 

45% from deep is very good. 

With no defense? you think good shooters are shooting 5 out of 11 in practice? not saying it is bad but they need to be spectacular to overcome the apparent coaching deficiencies we have seen. Just sayin. 

• Upvote 4

With no defense? you think good shooters are shooting 5 out of 11 in practice? not saying it is bad but they need to be spectacular to overcome the apparent coaching deficiencies we have seen. Just sayin. 

it's difficult to run drills and go through practice and then shoot. They are also in constant motion and not standing still. I am concerned about this season but at this point 3 point shooting isn't a concern until I see a game or two. If we are only making 2 or 3 each game then yes we are in some trouble. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Hey guys, I know I'm new to this board and UNT basketball, but from the comments it doesn't sound like many here played college ball or coached at a high level.  I agree with Andrew, constant motion, after a long practice, early in the year- you will not see many makes.  Looking at the date, the video is a month old, when I assume summer workouts for some were just beginning.

As a coach, I see this team has more size than last year and probably better guard play. On paper, they should be able to play uptempo a lot more than last year. But we won't know until they get into real practices and we see a scrimmage or two.  Just my take.

RIP Darryl Dawkins...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Hey guys, I know I'm new to this board and UNT basketball, but from the comments it doesn't sound like many here played college ball or coached at a high level.  I agree with Andrew, constant motion, after a long practice, early in the year- you will not see many makes.  Looking at the date, the video is a month old, when I assume summer workouts for some were just beginning.

As a coach, I see this team has more size than last year and probably better guard play. On paper, they should be able to play uptempo a lot more than last year. But we won't know until they get into real practices and we see a scrimmage or two.  Just my take.

RIP Darryl Dawkins...

Welcome to the board.  Appreciate your insight.

RIP Darryl Dawkins...

Looks like Benford finally discovered GMG.com....

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

As usual, I see a positive opinion...or just a fact...is not well received. And, from this time a new poster who has obviouly some experience in knowing what he is talking about.  Is it any wonder that we cannot have any decent discussions about Mean Green basketball these days?  It's sort of like another board where you either post that everything sucks with UNT or you just need not bother to post.

Way to welcome a new poster folks.  I'm guessing we don't get the pleasure of many more posts from this coach or experienced player.  If you read the post, you know it isn't Andrew...and you know it isn't UNT90, so give the guy a break, open your mind a bit and perhaps enjoy a decent discussion of Mean Green basketball.  It has been a long time since one of those has been seen around here.  Thanks for trying Bullyballer and welcome aboard.  Post about basketball more please, just understand that you will take a beating from the "usual suspects". 

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

As usual, I see a positive opinion...or just a fact...is not well received. And, from this time a new poster who has obviouly some experience in knowing what he is talking about.  Is it any wonder that we cannot have any decent discussions about Mean Green basketball these days?  it's sort of like another board where you either post that everything sucks with UNT or you just need not bother to post.

Way to welcome a new poster folks.  I'm guessing we don't get the pleasure of many more posts from this coach or experienced player.  If you read the post, you know it isn't Andrew...and you know it isn't UNT90, so give the guy a break, open your mind a bit and perhaps enjoy a decent discussion of Mean Green basketball.  It has been a long time since one of those has been slowed around here.  Thanks for trying Bulkyballer and welcome aboard.  Post about basketball more please, just understand that you will take a beating from the "usual suspects". 

these are the same posters who ran off Jordan Williams mom from posting on the boards because of the horrible and negative posts. She stopped posting long before Jordan suited up for his last games. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

these are the same posters who ran off Jordan Williams mom from posting on the boards because of the horrible and negative posts. She stopped posting long before Jordan suited up for his last games. 

Eh, I sat behind her during Jordan's first game @ UTA. She knows how to be negative.

That said, I would never recommend family members interact with fan boards while their kid/sibling/cousin/whatever is still

an active player.

• Upvote 2

Hey guys, no sweat. I can take the suspect jabs. I am not the parent of anyone on the team.  I am me and love the game of basketball. I have an interest in following a couple of the young men on the team, which makes me want to see success for the program as a whole. I do come from a coach's and player's experience.  I call it like I see it and would hope no matter the likes or dislikes of certain coaches or players, that others on this board would be fair to the young men trying hard to please their coaches and fan base.

• Upvote 4

We nearly always had nice words for Jordan, even in the depths of our anger.  If she couldn't handle the fact the team was under performing and we took it out on the coach like every other fanbase in the country does, then I mean...sorry but not sorry.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

We nearly always had nice words for Jordan, even in the depths of our anger.  If she couldn't handle the fact the team was under performing and we took it out on the coach like every other fanbase in the country does, then I mean...sorry but not sorry.

perhaps we should be better than other fan bases. I get a few comments on someone, but constantly bashing gets nowhere. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

To post twitter photos and vids (not just for you but everyone else) -- click the tweet you want to use to "open" it up.  Click "details" link which appears.  Copy the code in the address bar of your browser at the top.  Paste it into the GMG post.  Press return.  Rinse and repeat!

PS - this is how it works for desktop not 100% you can do it with all phones and tablets...

Edited by Harry

I'd say we are...many other fanbases would have had the pull to get him fired already.

That doesn't make us nice...it shows that the fan base overall is cheap!  Those other schools fans put their money where their mouths are.  UNT fans...just run their mouths and then stop supporting the program while thinking posting crap on a fan web site makes a difference.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

That doesn't make us nice...it shows that the fan base overall is cheap!  Those other schools fans put their money where their mouths are.  UNT fans...just run their mouths and then stop supporting the program while thinking posting crap on a fan web site makes a difference.  

I still give money.  I just don't have a lot to give.  :)

I still give money.  I just don't have a lot to give.  :)

Not talking about you Courtland.  You are one of the special ones.....you live far away yet you still support the University and the Mean Green.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1