Another crappy thing about this crap schedule

UNT90

its bad enough homecoming is against a crappy FCS school, but homecoming is also the same weekend as Texas-OU weekend.

Similiar job performance by an AD an ANY other FBS school would have led to his/her dismissal by now.

But not here.

Simply amazing.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 6

The schedule just makes for a better story line when we win the conference championship.  Right?  Who's with me?!?

(Snkckers - breakfast of champions)

I think you bought Mars, Inc. That's the only way you could have enough snickers to make that comment. 

And if if you have that kind of money, why the hell aren't you buying out some contracts?????

At any other school, worrying about 2 teams that have absolutely nothing to do with one's own university would not matter.  

except those of us that go to games played on UT/OU weekend (which seems to be just about every damn year save last) have seen what it does to attendance. We know that no one outside our normal die hard tailgate group will be there. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

except those of us that go to games played on UT/OU weekend (which seems to be just about every damn year save last) have seen what it does to attendance. We know that no one outside our normal die hard tailgate group will be there. 

The only way to avoid that happening every other year would be to lobby CUSA to make that week our annual "Screw your jobs, here's a weeknight game" weeknight game.  In fact, I think that would be super swell of them if they're going to continue imposing these Tuesday afternoon games on us.

The only way to avoid that happening every other year would be to lobby CUSA to make that week our annual "Screw your jobs, here's a weeknight game" weeknight game.  In fact, I think that would be super swell of them if they're going to continue imposing these Tuesday afternoon games on us.

except we aren't playing a conference game that week. Your AD chose to put the crappiest home game on that weekend, then he chose to make it homecoming.

But ya, it's CUSA's fault.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

The ONLY positive I can dig out of our schedule is that we open relatively soft, which will hopefully give all of the new guys time to adjust as well as build momentum for the rough part of the season. Four of the first five games should be very winnable, and if we could somehow pull off a miracle win in Iowa, in my dreamworld we would be 5-0 facing a big Thursday face off with W. Kentucky at Apogee. Of course we will need to be much improved for this dream to have a snowball's chance of happening. 4-1 at that point wouldn't exactly break my heart either.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

except we aren't playing a conference game that week. Your AD chose to put the crappiest home game on that weekend, then he chose to make it homecoming.

But ya, it's CUSA's fault.

Slow down there, stinky.  I didn't say that it's CUSA's fault that we have a home game every other year on the same weekend as the Texas-OU game.  I said that it is a mathematical certainty that such a game happens every other year no matter who's got the keys to the AD steering wheel.  

What I said is that the only way I can think of NOT having that game every other year would be to ask CUSA to slot our weekday game that week.  

Nothing, not the AD, not president Mattress, not God Almighty in Heaven above, can magically make us have an alternate calendar in some parallel universe in which there is never a competing interest in DFW on a given game day or a major holiday like Thanksgiving.  Nothing can change that.

I'll reiterate that the heavy handed influence for the FCS games comes from Mac, not RV.  Hopefully, with some of the P5 conferences getting rid of those games, the G5 will follow suit.  I am with you that I am absolutely not looking forward to watching Portland St, Our heart of immaculate consequence, LaMAOrr, or Abilene Christian Junior College.  I hope that changes some day.  

In the mean time, we've got SMU and Army for several years.  Maybe you don't like those, but look at the excitement generated in that game this year.  If we can win a few of those, it'll probably be a big boost to our program.

Call me complacent, or perhaps an idiot as your message board lil' bro does, but really, given my history with this kind of stuff, I one day decided to stop letting it get to me. I'll just enjoy the gameday experience, win or lose, Alabama or Liberty Christian middle school.  The beer is always cold, the coeds are always hot, and somebody will always complain about the band.  All of these are consistently nice diversions for me.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

At any other school, worrying about 2 teams that have absolutely nothing to do with one's own university would not matter.  

You know, it's not exactly unheard of for teams (pro and collegiate) to move games around on their schedules for other important events. For example, most Pennsylvania teams try to avoid home games on the opening weekend of deer season. I seriously doubt that Ohio or the directional Michigan schools don't worry about the Michigan-Ohio State weekend. 

Basically, your premise that other schools don't worry about things/teams outside of their own team is flawed. RV need to do better with the schedule in terms of opponents, number of home games, and how the season plays out. To say otherwise is silly. 

• Upvote 2

It's going to be an awesome day when UNT90 actually cheers for UNT instead of trying to tear it down. It's quite impressive how much effort is put into exposing negative aspects about the program.  Quite impressive...

I want this program to be the best it can be. It won't be with the current AD in place. 14 years freaking tells the tale, don't you think?

I will point out deficiencies and praise when appropriate (like I did for the events around the bowl game. Great job by the AD), but I'm not going to pump sunshine up your ass to make you feel better about a turd.

There hasn't been a lot to be positive about lately, wouldn't you agree?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

we will not have a decent attendance, yes... there is a big game going on that weekend. But it is Homecoming weekend for UNT. We might hurt on the alumni attendance, The students should come out in good numbers. What I'm more concerned about, is our record going into that game. If we have a few wins into that game, that could definitely help too.

Edited by GreenTexan13

If people really want to come see UNT play, theyre going to come see them play. It doesnt matter if the opponent is crappy or if UT and OU are playing. Making excuses wont get you anywhere.

A&M and Arizona State are playing in NRG (formerly known as Reliant) in the Texas Kickoff Classic or whatever its called. (We play OU in it next year, which I'm really really looking forward to but that's another story) while we are opening with FCS Tennessee Tech yet we arent complaining about the opponent  or whining about A&M. That's because we know those who want to see UH will be at the game regardless. Hence why the game is expected to be a sellout or near sellout. I think we draw around 37-38k but we'll just have to wait and see. 

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

The schedule just makes for a better story line when we win the conference championship.  Right?  Who's with me?!?

(Snkckers - breakfast of champions)

I'm with you.  This is a determined group.  If they can stay healthy, they will be successful.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If people really want to come see UNT play, theyre going to come see them play. It doesnt matter if the opponent is crappy or if UT and OU are playing. Making excuses wont get you anywhere.

A&M and Arizona State are playing in NRG (formerly known as Reliant) in the Texas Kickoff Classic or whatever its called. (We play OU in it next year, which I'm really really looking forward to but that's another story) while we are opening with FCS Tennessee Tech yet we arent complaining about the opponent  or whining about A&M. That's because we know those who want to see UH will be at the game regardless. Hence why the game is expected to be a sellout or near sellout. I think we draw around 37-38k but we'll just have to wait and see. 

Probably the first post of yours that I liked. He's got a valid point, and I truly believe that we need to have a good start to our season and gain momentum for Homecoming.

I don't agree with you on the complaining about the FCS opponent part.

• Upvote 1

Couldn't agree more.  Here are a few of Houston's home games last year:

UNLV - attendance = 23,408
Temple - attendance = 21,471
Tulsa - attendance = 23,572

Those are some pretty impressive number for a program who gets people in the seats no matter the opponent.  Housta should probably just skip the move to the Big <12 and go straight to the SEC. 

• Upvote 5

I want this program to be the best it can be. It won't be with the current AD in place. 14 years freaking tells the tale, don't you think?

I will point out deficiencies and praise when appropriate (like I did for the events around the bowl game. Great job by the AD), but I'm not going to pump sunshine up your ass to make you feel better about a turd.

There hasn't been a lot to be positive about lately, wouldn't you agree?

I completely respect your passion for UNT, I share the same passion.  I just don't see the benefit of dwelling on the negative.  Hopefully you and I will both be cheering on great success this season over some beer.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Couldn't agree more.  Here are a few of Houston's home games last year:

UNLV - attendance = 23,408
Temple - attendance = 21,471
Tulsa - attendance = 23,572

Those are some pretty impressive number for a program who gets people in the seats no matter the opponent.  Housta should probably just skip the move to the Big <12 and go straight to the SEC. 

But all three of those games still had higher attendance than any of UNT's 2014 games. 

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A little perspective for the usual idiots on this subject.

This was either him being politely asked to schedule a better opponent and throwing out the typical "I know my rights, you can't tell me what to do" B.S. and refusing to obey, leaving the fan base no other choice but to default to his wishes(if he won't attempt to schedule any better giving him grief won't make him schedule any better.)

Or

He was in the middle of a super high leverage negotiation with an unnamed big time school for a 1 & 1 to be feature during homecoming week but our status as a music school was used for probable cause to ignore him. (Before the idiots start screaming "Music school profiling" they should read the recent reviews of the University of Michigan's Music School. But they won't because they really could care less about facts when it comes to AD accomplishments). When he was pressed on the issue, he then reverted to the conduct described above in the "either" section.

RV could have saved his own reputation and gotten away with fan enjoyment robbery had he simply complied with the common sense direction of never getting less than 6 games at home.

The idiocy of the scheduling matters "movement" is having an extremely detrimental effect on young  mean green fans who get sucked into the propaganda and then make terrible decisions based on false information. 

Lets just be thankful that he didn't hold Mac or Benny accountable and really complicate his future.

On August 20, 2015 at 8:25:42 AM,  SilverEagle said:

Well, at least they didn't shoot him for super bad scheduling.

one of the stupidest, ill informed, moronic posts ever by you.

You should be ashamed, especially since RV got a new stadium for your sorry butt when you had to go into Fouts to watch sports. 

I hope you need an AD someday and they just don't come.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 5