What will our attendance be @SMU?

Harry

What will our attendance be @SMU?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What will our attendance be @SMU?

• 5000+

Go and wear green.  Not the white or black or pink that says "North Texas" in little letters in the corner.  From across the field and on television white or black or pink could be Southern Meth fans.  Nothing says Mean Green better than GREEN.  And nothing will state how well NT travels better than a bunch of green clad fans.  Ford Field needs to rock green September 12.

GO MEAN GREEN

^

With the students there, I think we could very well range into the 7-8K territory. Possibly more. SMU fans will be on meltdown. I think the game will be a sellout. 

Since this is the first game and there's no bodybag game to dishearten the new freshmen, they're treating it like a home game. I expect 5K students and somewhere close to that in alumni turnout.

Edited by Ryan Munthe

We need KingDL1 or a pilot fan to fly overhead and take some proof pictures.  You know SMU is going to downplay our crowd as they always do.

This is why I was hoping the game would be on TV, I guess we have ESPN 3. The next best thing is seeing the truth on TV, when people are witnessing a sea of green in the stands,

• Upvote 1

With the students there, I think we could very well range into the 7-8K territory. Possibly more. SMU fans will be on meltdown. I think the game will be a sellout. 

Since this is the first game and there's no bodybag game to dishearten the new freshmen, they're treating it like a home game. I expect 5K students and somewhere close to that in alumni turnout.

I hope like hell you are right.  This would make it VERY hard for SMU to buy out of the remainder of our series.  They have attendance issues and we can help them in that particular regard.

We need KingDL1 or a pilot fan to fly overhead and take some proof pictures.  You know SMU is going to downplay our crowd as they always do.

Drones Harry. Drones. Have BTG put you in contact with a Drone cameraman and shoot this thing a la drones. 

• Upvote 3

Go and wear green.  Not the white or black or pink that says "North Texas" in little letters in the corner.  From across the field and on television white or black or pink could be Southern Meth fans.  Nothing says Mean Green better than GREEN.  And nothing will state how well NT travels better than a bunch of green clad fans.  Ford Field needs to rock green September 12.

GO MEAN GREEN

I need to heed these words. Most of my UNT gear is not green.  Granted, if it was, I would have 10 shades of green in my closet. Still, I will make sure I have green on for this game. I want the team to see we showed up in a big way. 

• Upvote 1

Ford Field is within the radius surrounding Love Field classified as Class B air space.  Without special permission (and likely a pilot's license of some sort) a drone is not an option.

then how do they operate one at practice? They use drones to film practice

I truly hope we bring enough people this year to force their hand to bring in more SMU folks into Apogee next year. What a disappointment that was last year to see the visitor's section so empty.

Why?  That is what they bring to their home games.

• Upvote 2