MGB breaking news -- Aniefiok will not return

Brett Vito

I hope "The Pirate" makes you eat your words.

I do too.  I know it was really an inappropriate comment to make, but I just could not resist. I honestly hope the young man from Notre Dame is the second coming of Eric Tramiel.

• Upvote 1

We now have one wing player who is taller than 6'3' and he is a freshman who has yet to play a college level game. More and more the lacking length on the wing is concerning. If we manage a winning season Benford will have definitely done something amazing. 

A winning season under Benford would certainly be unprecedented.

• Upvote 3

We now have one wing player who is taller than 6'3' and he is a freshman who has yet to play a college level game. More and more the lacking length on the wing is concerning. If we manage a winning season Benford will have definitely done something amazing. 

And there ya have it folks...yet another NT coach who gets a back pat for rising above abysmal

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I would be a lot more concerned with having only one interior player we know can play. 

I would be a lot more concerned with having only one interior player we know can play. 

I'm not concerned about the post because we have so many players with size. We have 6 post players compared to the 3 or 4 (Ahmed played some 3). we had last year. Odds are on any given given night one of the five who isn't combs will have a decent game. I also have no doubt our point play will be better. The position that will matter is the one that Jordan left. Mo was an ok replacement, but no JW. Now I have no clue who you fill that void. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I don't know about you guys, but if Tony Benford can overcome the limitations of the roster Tony Benford built, I am going to be super impressed with Tony Benford!

Until I see them actually play a game or two I think I'll reserve my evaluations of the limitations of the roster that Coach Benford built.  So many new players on that roster it seems to me that it might be a tad tough to judge "limitations" at this point.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Until I see them actually play a game or two I think I'll reserve my evaluations of the limitations of the roster that Coach Benford built.  So many new players on that roster it seems to me that it might be a tad tough to judge "limitations" at this point.

Ok. Take it up with Andrew.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Ok. Take it up with Andrew.

Nope...how about we just sit together for a couple of games and discuss "limitations" after actually seeing them play?  Or, of course, folks could just continue to opine about "limitations" based on zero game experience information and only their preconceived biases from hundreds of miles away.  That's fun too, huh?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Nope...how about we just sit together for a couple of games and discuss "limitations" after actually seeing them play?  Or, of course, folks could just continue to opine about "limitations" based on zero game experience information and only their preconceived biases from hundreds of miles away.  That's fun too, huh?

I have no idea how you took a flippant response to these two Andrew posts about the flaws he sees in the roster...

I'm not concerned about the post because we have so many players with size. We have 6 post players compared to the 3 or 4 (Ahmed played some 3). we had last year. Odds are on any given given night one of the five who isn't combs will have a decent game. I also have no doubt our point play will be better. The position that will matter is the one that Jordan left. Mo was an ok replacement, but no JW. Now I have no clue who you fill that void. 

...which I then summarized in mine, to once again turn things back to you and pat yourself on the back as the best fan ever, but congrats. We are all very proud of you (we even had a thread about it just last week! I didn't slip you that plus 1 lightly - those things matter!) and hope they acknowledge your attendance record at halftime soon. I'm just hoping this year goes better than it looks like on paper so there will be people there to see it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I have no idea how you took a flippant response to these two Andrew posts about the flaws he sees in the roster...

...which I then summarized in mine, to once again turn things back to you and pat yourself on the back as the best fan ever, but congrats. We are all very proud of you (we even had a thread about it just last week! I didn't slip you that plus 1 lightly - those things matter!) and hope they acknowledge your attendance record at halftime soon. I'm just hoping this year goes better than it looks like on paper so there will be people there to see it.

hmmm. No, but thanks for playing.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Looked at the roster and just realized we don't have a single player remaining from the 2013-2014 team. And at the conclusion of this season, Benford's fourth, there will only have been one player in his entire tenure who will have played more than two seasons here (Jordan Williams). That's insane, to me. Regardless of how much transferring there is in the sport.

• Upvote 4

Looked at the roster and just realized we don't have a single player remaining from the 2013-2014 team. And at the conclusion of this season, Benford's fourth, there will only have been one player in his entire tenure who will have played more than two seasons here (Jordan Williams). That's insane, to me. Regardless of how much transferring there is in the sport.

shhhh you make good points. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

People tend to look at the broad picture under the same coach.  I think the new-season, fresh-look argument works a lot better when there is a new staff in place.  Benford has yet to eclipse 0.500 in a season and suffers through some embarrassing losses and questionable coaching moves.

When you accuse these people of having "zero game experience information" and preconceived bias (regarding Benford's teams), I feel like you're not giving them enough credit.  There is a ton of evidence already in place - that you don't need to travel for - to suggest this team is not going to experience post-season success.  It would be great if they do, but very surprising.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1