SMU Game Tix arrive yet? Update?

trud1966

Just wondering if anyone has gotten their tix yet or heard an update.   I'm sure they're working on it, but I bought 12 Tix...When you spend $400+ on anything, you'd kinda like to know it's on the way.... Anyone?

damn man, that's a lot of tickets.  SMU has just a little more than that show up to their home games.

Eddie wasn't an actual UNT Athletics rep. Just a salesman who deals in tickets across the region.

When we got wise to him, he bailed.

I dealt with Eddie on several occasions and never had any issues with him. What happened? He didn't work for the Athletics Department?

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 1

I dealt with Eddie on several occasions and never had any issues with him. What happened? He didn't work for the Athletics Department?

Not technically, the post got deleted, but he was basically a ticket broker of sorts that was contracting with UNT and didn't work with for the Athletic Department directly if I remember correctly. 

So he didn't get paid unless he actually sold something?  No wonder he was working circles around our full time staff.

too bad our AD doesn't get paid for actually hitting set goals.  MG Club Membership goals, season ticket sales over a quota.  Ya know, little carrots like that.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You can order tickets on Ticketmaster in Section 122, which appears to be be visitor seating. Lets you pick your seat and print them out.

I checked on this yesterday and just about the entire section was still available.  The first 3-4 rows were taken up.  I checked again today and they're all gone.  I called the SMU ticket office, and they said someone came in and bought all of them at once.  They said these seats were reserved for UNT, but we returned the tickets (why on earth would we do that?)  I'm thinking it's going to be mostly an empty section, as some booster probably came in and bought them to be a nice 'buffer' to keep UNT fans from buying over there.  

I checked on this yesterday and just about the entire section was still available.  The first 3-4 rows were taken up.  I checked again today and they're all gone.  I called the SMU ticket office, and they said someone came in and bought all of them at once.  They said these seats were reserved for UNT, but we returned the tickets (why on earth would we do that?)  I'm thinking it's going to be mostly an empty section, as some booster probably came in and bought them to be a nice 'buffer' to keep UNT fans from buying over there.  

If it were about a week before the game I understand sending the tickets back to SMU, but we're still about 2.-1/2 weeks out.  Now that season is around the corner people are just now starting to think about football.

Attempting to create a "buffer" does nothing but promote NT fans to buy tickets in other sections.  I still expect to see green sparsely populated throughout the stadium even if someone (an SMU booster?) bought all the remaining tickets in section 122.

Edited by UNTFan23