Need Help Planning for SMU Tailgate

4MYMGE

We will have a group of 20-30 of all ages for this game, and we would love to tailgate. I don't think the Mean Green Tailgate at $20 per person(+cash bar?) will work for all of us...so where do visitors park at SMU?  Is there a place where we can hang-out? Because we do need to get sufficiently fired-up for this game.  We don't know the area and could use some good advice.

Recently, one of my buddies who went to SMU got in contact with me over a possible tailgating solution for the UNT Fans who make the trek over to the UNT-SMU game. He said that they have this Block Party Suite which is a tailgate suite/tailgate village with a pretty cool concept that they are starting this year that is being held right on the boulevard. They have all different packages starting from $3000 all the way to $7900 depending on what you really want in your package and how many people you bring whether its 20-30 or 30-40. They cater to us. IF you are like me, you can buy it then price it per head so that your buddies will pay for their part. They offer all inclusive packages so that we can choose what we want to eat from a list of vendors (Mi Cocina, some pizza place, Canes Chicken, Central Market, Corner Bakery, Maggiano's Italian, many more that I can't remember.)  and offer booze in some of the packages. I bought one for my company (all UNT grads) and can't wait. At first glance the price is going to be a bit overwhelming but due to the boulevard being sold out for tailgating opportunities for us, but when you break it down from the do-it-yourself way and what they have to offer in their packages is shocking. I am glad I got this, and can't wait! They will change the seat cushions to that lovely mean green color. Really nice guys that I thought brought an interesting new thing to tailgating. They wanted me to let fellow UNT fans know about this, so I thought this could help! If you need to find out more information, don't hesitate to call them. I will leave their info down at the bottom. I didn't hesitate and they were really great to work with and fast responders. (Being in Construction I know first hand that people who respond the fastest, are the best to deal with!)

The guy I worked with was named Jonathan and his number was (214) 769-9809.

More info is on this website but call him above to get a true price quote and a brochure sent.

Hope this helps!

We will have a group of 20-30 of all ages for this game, and we would love to tailgate. I don't think the Mean Green Tailgate at $20 per person(+cash bar?) will work for all of us...so where do visitors park at SMU?  Is there a place where we can hang-out? Because we do need to get sufficiently fired-up for this game.  We don't know the area and could use some good advice.

I think I'm going to forego the train and park somewhere so I can bring a tent and cooler, etc. So I'd love to know where the best place to park would be. Maybe do a Fouts tailgating throwback.

• Upvote 1

Call that guy listed above. My tailgating is not traditional in that I play with the alumni band and eat at their tent.

Parking: I'd get there well before kickoff and park at Mockingbird station then ride the shuttle over. If not, you can pay for parking on campus but I wouldn't gamble on literal tailgating in the parking garages. Being mid-city there are not a lot of parking lots.

Recently, one of my buddies who went to SMU got in contact with me over a possible tailgating solution for the UNT Fans who make the trek over to the UNT-SMU game. He said that they have this Block Party Suite which is a tailgate suite/tailgate village with a pretty cool concept that they are starting this year that is being held right on the boulevard. They have all different packages starting from $3000 all the way to $7900 depending on what you really want in your package and how many people you bring whether its 20-30 or 30-40. They cater to us. IF you are like me, you can buy it then price it per head so that your buddies will pay for their part. They offer all inclusive packages so that we can choose what we want to eat from a list of vendors (Mi Cocina, some pizza place, Canes Chicken, Central Market, Corner Bakery, Maggiano's Italian, many more that I can't remember.)  and offer booze in some of the packages. I bought one for my company (all UNT grads) and can't wait. At first glance the price is going to be a bit overwhelming but due to the boulevard being sold out for tailgating opportunities for us, but when you break it down from the do-it-yourself way and what they have to offer in their packages is shocking. I am glad I got this, and can't wait! They will change the seat cushions to that lovely mean green color. Really nice guys that I thought brought an interesting new thing to tailgating. They wanted me to let fellow UNT fans know about this, so I thought this could help! If you need to find out more information, don't hesitate to call them. I will leave their info down at the bottom. I didn't hesitate and they were really great to work with and fast responders. (Being in Construction I know first hand that people who respond the fastest, are the best to deal with!)

The guy I worked with was named Jonathan and his number was (214) 769-9809.

More info is on this website but call him above to get a true price quote and a brochure sent.

Hope this helps!

My sweet TWU graduate wife (who hates SMU as much as any NT graduate) says that this is not tailgating......it's "catergating".  

• Upvote 7

Where does one park for tailgating at SMU?

One parks at the Downtown Plano DART station, then joins fellow Mean Green Nation members at Vickery Park for food and drink, then takes the train to the Mockingbird Station and walks to the official UNT tailgate to enjoy some live music and food and drink.  That's what this one is planning anyway. 

• Upvote 3

My sweet TWU graduate wife (who hates SMU as much as any NT graduate) says that this is not tailgating......it's "catergating".  

They're too good to cook their own food AND bring their own booze.  Duh

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bumping this up, because I am still very much confused on what visitors do on gameday. Is there not a parking lot near the stadium we can tailgate at? I don't really want to pay a hefty sum of money to tailgate at the Boulevard tailgate spot. For example, UNT has the old Fouts field parking lot to tailgate at on gameday. I see our visiting team set up camp there all the time on gameday.

To clarify, this is for the people who want to drive themselves and set up an area. It would also be great to tailgate around other UNT fans too.

C'mon @malonish, what do you think?

• Upvote 1

Lot M by McFarland maybe?  Get there early enough and set up on the end where the grass is

That's what I'll be looking into (Lot M). Is that where the bus people are going to tailgate at?

I am going to tailgate in front of someone's home. Think the will mind?

if you can hop over their giant Iron gates and dodge the secuirty guards in the richy neighborhood, I'm sure they won't.