Updates On New Walk-ons

Danish43

Any new people that might be walking on? I know a little over a year ago Emmitt mentioned that he had talked to some highly recruited tight end that somehow fell out of place at some Big 12 school and was considering NT. Billy later told me that this guy was wasting much of his talents by jumping from school to school.

Just wondering on average how many guys try their luck in making the team? I believe the cut-off is 100 players but not sure about that. Thanks

• Upvote 1

Just an interesting tidbit: I was at the dealership back in June, and salesman tells me his brother (or cousin) Xavier Williams is trying out for the walk on program this summer, and that he used to play for UTEP.

Did some searching and it looks like he bounced from UTEP to Bakersfield College last year. Not sure what has come of it.

• Upvote 1