Jordan Kitna

Dickey stealth recruiting IMO was a myth.  DD for the most part didn't start making offers until very late in the recruiting season. 

Although, it may be a little disturbing not to have a bunch of recruits committed at this point; I much rather have that then the commits of a bunch of borderline recruits.  Whatever McCarney strategy is now, hopefully it will have better results than his past efforts at NT.   

"Although, it may be a little disturbing not to have a bunch of recruits committed at this point; I much rather have that then the commits of a bunch of borderline recruits". Or to get some 3-4 star commits that clearly are waiting for offers from "bigger" programs.

• 2 weeks later...

"Although, it may be a little disturbing not to have a bunch of recruits committed at this point; I much rather have that then the commits of a bunch of borderline recruits". Or to get some 3-4 star commits that clearly are waiting for offers from "bigger" programs.

Hey everybody, first comment here; I'm new.

I have been following UNT's recruiting for a few years now and it's obvious that we've had a hart time recruiting and winning battles against other D1 schools as everybody has pointed out. Mac changing strategies is something to look at with hope in my opinion. We can't keep trying the same old tricks and expect to have better results if it just isn't working for us. At this point, might as well try something new. If it works, then great. If not, we end up with what we have been getting. We haven't been able to hold onto recruits for our dear lives.

That being said, I am much more optimistic about our upcoming season than most of you seem to be. Our receiving corps looks to be the most talented it has been in years and if we can get Chumley to go at it as a TE, we can have a dangerous offense if some chemistry and consistency settles in at the QB position. Yes, our QB situation was pitiful last year, but our offensive skill players were sad to look at as well. Some more talented skill players should help boost that a little.

GMG!

• Upvote 2