No More FCS Games For Big Ten

cdizzle86

It is your opinion that the fee needs to be raised.  Yes, some students will bitch about it, they care about it being raised and they care about it not being fair.  They could make a point about the raise not benefitting them, it only benefits the Athletic Dept.  Then you say you're not a normal student and give in other ways.  So one of your priorities in expenditure of your money is spending/donating towards the Athletic Dept.  The other students can say we already shell out fee money for the AD, why the increase?  Since the BOR controls the fee amounts, why increase it this year and not the previous years?  You and the others who want to max out the AD fees need to sell it to the students.  Don't cop an attitude about paying it and move on or don't tell them if they don't like it, leave.  Don't alienate the people who provide the largest attendance block at Apogee.  By paying  the current AD fees they also are making a donation (paying off the Apogee loan).  You want them to come back to attend games and donate to the University.  Do not take a condescending attitude or a don't care attitude.  People wonder why the alumni in the area don't attend or donate.  Hmmmm.  

First, if students don't want to go to a school that has an athletic fee, they should have gone to Abilene Christian or Hardin Simmons. 

But they didn't. They chose a school that has an athletic fee in place. They should have anticipated that that fee, like any other at the university, could be raised.

If they were really concerned, they could have used this new invention called the Internet to search particulars on the athletic fee, where they would have found that there was a very good possibility that it could be raised during their time in college. 

If they didn't do that, tough titties. Life lesson: learn to do your research. Any student upset by an increase isn't a fan of UNT athletics and will do what 98% of grads do when leaving UNT: forget about UNT athletics completely. (And for CBL, see the approx 850 increase in MGC members out of 76,000 grads that Cerebus posted a while back). Get what you can from them now, because they won't be back. 

Funny, I've never heard any other fee increase be bitched about on here. Just another sign of the terrible culture at UNT when it comes to athletics.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5

First, if students don't want to go to a school that has an athletic fee, they should have gone to Abilene Christian or Hardin Simmons. 

But they didn't. They chose a school that has an athletic fee in place. They should have anticipated that that fee, like any other at the university, could be raised.

If they were really concerned, they could have used this new invention called the Internet to search particulars on the athletic fee, where they would have found that there was a very good possibility that it could be raised during their time in college. 

If they didn't do that, tough titties. Life lesson: learn to do your research. Any student upset by an increase isn't a fan of UNT athletics and will do what 98% of grads do when leaving UNT: forget about UNT athletics completely. (And for CBL, see the approx 850 increase in MGC members out of 76,000 grads that Cerebus posted a while back). Get what you can from them now, because they won't be back. 

Funny, I've never heard any other fee increase be bitched about on here. Just another sign of the terrible culture at UNT when it comes to athletics.

I must've missed the part where the numbers laid out how that was the direct result of our giant music school producing poor (financially) musicians.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Yeah, I must've missed the memo about the lucrative business of trombone jazz studies. I bet that alum and all of his buddies will be our T. Boone? 

you called music majors poor.

here...learn something today rather than just spouting off your limited, myopic and downright ignorant opinions and presenting them as fact:

http://www.berklee.edu/pdf/pdf/studentlife/Music_Salary_Guide.pdf 

but...clearly one of the most prestigious music programs in the country is built on the backs of a bunch of poverty-ridden subway buskers. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Oh, cool, a bunch of outlier positions in the music industry that someone would be absolutely thrilled to land. How many positions like this do you think exist? And how many of our graduates are landing them? 

I am sure we can gather music majors on this thread alone as a decent sample size and see what they're doing for a living today. 

And I said typically poor and I stand by that if they're in fact using their degree in their industry. It's not a knock on them. It's just the way it is. However, there are exceptions to every single thing in this world. 

And just under where you picked up your reference on google there is an article put together by dailyfinance.com as the 10 lowest paying degrees...

*spoiler* music was #4. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Oh, cool, a bunch of outlier positions in the music industry that someone would be absolutely thrilled to land. How many positions like this do you think exist? And how many of our graduates are landing them? 

I am sure we can gather music majors on this thread alone as a decent sample size and see what they're doing for a living today. 

And I said typically poor and I stand by that if they're in fact using their degree in their industry. It's not a knock on them. It's just the way it is. However, there are exceptions to every single thing in this world. 

so...I at least provide you with some form of evidence and you again just spout back opinion based on your myopic world view. 

tell you what...let's just drop this and you go back and tell me about how you could be an effective d-1 quarterback again. at least with that one your stupidity was entertaining

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

so...I at least provide you with some form of evidence and you again just spout back opinion based on your myopic world view. 
tell you what...let's just drop this and you go back and tell me about how you could be an effective d-1 quarterback again. at least with that one your stupidity was entertaining

I will assume you're a music major or someone very close to you is. Good luck with that. 

At minimum, the music folk of the world TYPICALLY are not fans of athletics. That may be a reason for our putrid donor level and 1/2-2/3 full stadium every Saturday. 

*Now piss off dude. You're a pretty miserable person and it reads heavily in your posts. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I will assume you're a music major or someone very close to you is. Good luck with that. 

At minimum, the music folk of the world TYPICALLY are not fans of athletics. That may be a reason for our putrid donor level and 1/2-2/3 full stadium every Saturday. 

*Now piss off dude. You're a pretty miserable person and it reads heavily in your posts. 

1. nope. just one who reads baseless opinions formed from narrow world-views brashly presented as fact and feels that it reflects poorly on me that those associated with my alma mater can't piece together a coherent argument. 

2. the music school and it's "music folk" are about reason 326 as to why we don't have a full stadium every saturday. 

3. and no. I'm actually an incredibly happy and positive person...one leading very much the life I envisioned for myself...and so long as you continue to spout off in a public forum I'll continue to enjoy our banter and pointing out the myriad of flaws in what you write. it really is more sport for me than anything else. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

• Harry locked this topic