Potential New '15 Safety Signee Before Camp

Wonder who it would be. I checked the local JUCOs to see if any of our signees double-signed with one of them but I didn't see it. Sure seemed like the coaches believed one wouldn't make it with us putting out a few late 2015 offers. All of our players are on the roster so that should be interesting to see.

Thanks for posting!

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1

Wonder who it would be. I checked the local JUCOs to see if any of our signees double-signed with one of them but I didn't see it. Sure seemed like the coaches believed one wouldn't make it with us putting out a few late 2015 offers. All of our players are on the roster so that should be interesting to see.

Thanks for posting!

What about a player who had to leave, like Ochs? Does that open up a spot for a 2015 scholarship?

• Upvote 1

Ah. Thanks for the info.

In other words, if someone accepts a scholarship and then leaves you can't immediately replace that spot until signing day.  At that point you are down one and can replace it.  Our best hope for Ochs is that his family situation stabilizes and he is able to rejoin the team.  Otherwise we can't really replace his specific spot until Dec mid term signing or high school signing day in Feb of next year.

I Know Damarcus participated all summer in workouts but man... Dear sweet football baby Jesus please don't let this person be Damarcus. PLEASE, it is all I have to hang onto for the 2015 season.

• Upvote 3

No such thing as freezing the clock. 5 year clock starts running when player becomes a full time college student.

Are you sure about this... How do the Mormons get away with it then at BYU?? They go on their "Mission" (down the street and blow up the weight room) then come back as jacked 28yr old playing against 20 year old men.

• Upvote 2

Are you sure about this... How do the Mormons get away with it then at BYU?? They go on their "Mission" (down the street and blow up the weight room) then come back as jacked 28yr old playing against 20 year old men.

Because they don't start school. Once you enroll full-time the clock starts ticking. 

I'm 85% sure the guy in question is going to be Xavier Grindle... Only recruit we've heard absolutely nothing about this whole summer and he didn't move in with the other guys in july. outside of him, I can only think of maybe Rodney Bendy. I think if Grindle, a JUCO product, wasn't going to make it, we would know by now versus a HS kid. We'll see but I'd bet it is one of those 2.

Because they don't start school. Once you enroll full-time the clock starts ticking. 

No, some do. Think Tyler Haws the basketball player at BYU. Played in 09-10 with Jimmer Fredette, went on a mission for two years, then came back and played in 12-13, 13-14, and 14-15. Missions are the one exception I know of that can freeze an eligibility clock.

• Upvote 4

has anyone heard or seen anything about bendy though? have even caught a glimpse of him with the team in any photos...

found this videos of their workout and Bendy is there in the purple pimp Suit at the beginning. that leaves Grindle as the likely culprit... Too bad cause he would have likely been the fastest guy on the team from day 1.

• Upvote 1

No, some do. Think Tyler Haws the basketball player at BYU. Played in 09-10 with Jimmer Fredette, went on a mission for two years, then came back and played in 12-13, 13-14, and 14-15. Missions are the one exception I know of that can freeze an eligibility clock.

Ah. Thanks for clearing that up. 

• Upvote 1