MGB: Well, there you go. New uniforms

Brett Vito

Way to screw up a good thing UNT. The greens unis are awful. This is the best you could come up with? Did you show any prototypes to any of the players for input? The whites are ok and I do like the updated version of the helmet. Pretty much the same helmet though. But damn, those greens. So sad.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I am not an uniform aficionado, so I really don't care about much; but why can't NT at least be consistent with the colors.   We talk about lack of tradition, yet the colors apparently have to be changed at about every opportunity.  I have a closet full of green NT caps and I doubt two have the same color of green.   

I am beginning to think the small extra amount of money the AD expects to earn as fans buy new apparel to match the current team color, is more important than establishing any tradition.

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 5

I'm fine with the uniforms.  The helmet improvement was a pleasant surprise.  I like the green sleeves with the black SOW on the white jersey.  The only thing I don't like are the italic numbers on the white jersey.

no... They're garbage in this day and age kids don't want sleeves they want tight fit, no sleeves 

• Upvote 5

I didn't think it could get worse than the last uniforms.

The whites are awful and amateur looking with that dumb triangle on the front.

I can't find any new photos of the white ones on the website - am I just looking in the wrong place?

Found the white one.  Not a fan of the numbers, but whatever.  Do like the darker shade of green on the helmet.  Just win.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

I'm not impressed. It isn't that it's a bad looking uniform, it just isn't special. Several universities will be wearing this same design, just in their school's colors. Appy State's are just like these but in their colors. That's not cool. I would have rather keep last season's uniforms. At least ours would be different.

I certainly would not have made a video just to unveil the same uniforms other schools are wearing.

I like the green helmet with the SOW on it. We should wear it every week. We need to build some brand recognition.

App State ones are different. Different stripes and logo placement is different. Close though. 

Edited by North Texas Shep

Well this was a huge disappointment. Another easy opportunity for the athletic department to come out with something sharp and exciting for players/fans and they failed...again. I really don't understand why they can't get this right when there are some many teams out there coming out with great new Nike uniform combinations. I'm also confused as to why we don't use the uniform game as a bigger recruiting piece. 

Based on a few reactions on twitter, it looks like there was zero input from the players on these jerseys.

GMG

• Upvote 2

I think the biggest ball drop is that there are no official photos of all the uniforms (helmet to shoe) posted up on Twitter or meangreensports.com.

Or did I miss it somewhere?

Other than the video, I havent seen anything. You can see some of the jerseys in the background of a twitter pic of the new and old helmet but its just like an inch of them.

• Upvote 1

I think the biggest ball drop is that there are no official photos of all the uniforms (helmet to shoe) posted up on Twitter or meangreensports.com.

Or did I miss it somewhere?

That's my biggest beef. Show them in different color combos with both helmets on. Why is this so hard? The best pic I've seen of the full whites is washed out as hell.