Former UNT softball player lands at Houston

Harry

Sarah Barker is headed to Houston.

Here’s the interesting aspect of what Barker had to say …

“Incredibly blessed to say that I will be continuing my softball career at the University of Houston. Every journey has a few bumps along the road, and one of mine will be sitting out this season due to not getting my release to play; but I am extremely grateful to have such a wonderful opportunity to finish my career so close to home and with a great program! Go Coogs!⚾️”

read more:  http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2015/07/former-unt-softball-player-lands-at-houston-helmets-and-heels-tomorrow.html/

Under the circumstances, I question NT not granting releases.  

Why?  What circumstances are you referring to that would warrant a release?  

don't like the coach or what?  No problem...transfer...but sit like most every other transfer.  No biggie.

Why?  What circumstances are you referring to that would warrant a release?  

don't like the coach or what?  No problem...transfer...but sit like most every other transfer.  No biggie.

Gee, I don't know maybe because over half the returning team decided to not play at NT anymore.  To most people that might indicate a problem at the top.  Besides it is very common to grant releases for sports that don't offer full ships.  I know NT released the best track athlete  they had to attend LSU years back, a move I didn't support because they was no reason for his transfer other than he would rather be at LSU.

This move to not grant a release for the softball players just appears vindictive to me and certainly doesn't look good to the outside world.   I don't know what the problems are, but they definitely existed. 

• Upvote 4

Gee, I don't know maybe because over half the returning team decided to not play at NT anymore.  To most people that might indicate a problem at the top.  Besides it is very common to grant releases for sports that don't offer full ships.  I know NT released the best track athlete  they had to attend LSU years back, a move I didn't support because they was no reason for his transfer other than he would rather be at LSU.

This move to not grant a release for the softball players just appears vindictive to me and certainly doesn't look good to the outside world.   I don't know what the problems are, but they definitely existed. 

++++++++++ (have no clue why my post is in this box)  keeps happening...maybe it's an I-pad thing with the new update) ++++++

Gee...OK.  But, just because you get your panties in a wad is no reason to grant a release.  You want out...cool...adios and make room for someone who wants to be here.  Release?  Nope.  This ain't "everybody gets a ribbon" and worry about "feelings" kid's play any longer.  You want a touchy freely coach who tells you everything is roses and that poop doesn't smell...cool, go find it.  But, release ... Sorry nope.

But, if you are the coach or AD feel free to release all you want.  And, be sure to give them a trophy on their way out the door.  Wouldn't want to hurt their feelings.

• Upvote 2

Your rebuttal seems to omit the fact that it was not one player involved, it was 7 or 8.  I doubt anyone is going to accuse Kee of worrying about being too sensitive.  

I guess NT should have mandated that the two sisters who transferred to NT sit out a year because the coaches at those two p5 schools who granted releases obviously don't understand big time college athletics.  By the way making someone sit out a year is a little more than hurting their feelings.  

• Upvote 4

Yet, your rebuttal seems to damn a coach without proof.  If proven, goodbye coach and releases all around.  Until then, you transfer you sit and trophies for participation all around!  

• Upvote 2

Yet, your rebuttal seems to damn a coach without proof.  If proven, goodbye coach and releases all around.  Until then, you transfer you sit and trophies for participation all around!  

Please point out what I said that is not true.  I have no idea what your continued mantra of participation trophies has to do with anything.  I guess you want to ignore the point that two different coaches released their players to transfer to NT.  If you know more about the situation then the average fan, please inform us.  

Until then I will continue to think that there are program problems when over half the team wants out.   If you want to speculate you might also consider the 5 players returning include 3 upper class-men who transferred in last year and 2 seniors.   Not exactly players who could easily find a new home or not at all without a release.

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 2