Unified Fan Chant or Cheer During SMU Game?

Harry

How about doing it three times and adding something at the end:

Noorth Teeexasss

Noorth Teeexasss

Noorth Teeexasss

Meeean Greeeen!

fixed.

The start should be signaled by the Cheer leaders with a build up to allow everyone to see it's coming. 

NORTH TEXAS 

NORTH TEXAS

NORTH TEXAS 

MEAN GREEN!!

clean, simple, and easy. 

• Upvote 1

Go!

Mean!

Green!

Eagles!

Fight!

Fight!

Fight!

Rick

This...but keep it simple...either the cheerleaders can lead.."Mean Green Eagles" crowd responds "Fight..Fight..Fight" or could be done west side lead and east side respond.

Also would like the fight song printed on the back of a T-shirt...1) so everyone learns it and 2) so the TV camera doesn't know I have to read it...lol

And often I have wondered what the team would think if while they were in the stadium warming up for the game, they heard the familiar "Nooorth" " Texas" coming from outside the    Stadium...say from the red/blue parking lot...would the shock give them just the boost that they need???  If I could make that happen on a road trip (other than SMU)...that would be big.

• Upvote 1

To the tune of 5 Little Monkeys jumping on the bed.

5 Little Hookers Jumping on the Bed

Craig James came and killed them dead.

MaMa called the doctor and the doctor said

Craig James killed 5 hookers dead. 

i came just to see the creative use of CJK5H...

See, yeah, I was going to say, just keep it simple:

Group 1: "CRAIG JAMES!"

Group 2: "KILLED 5 HOOKERS!"

Repeat ad nauseum whenever useful as a distraction.  Or for fun.  Or for the hell of it.

• Upvote 2

I think what's gotten tired about this chant is the fact that there's never a unified beginning or ending.  Too often what we experience is:

1. its beginning is faint and clouded with question as to the degree to which each side will/wants to participate
  2. its ending is a casual trail off as fans drop out individually and gradually

Unfortunately, I have no special ideas for a new chant but hope that if something is established that it's NT focused rather than anti-SMU. The ideal scenario would be a supportive chant for our guys during a big victory that carries on in the same way tortillas from Lubbock made their way to Fouts.

it is unified & works very well when the cheerleaders actually lead it.

too many times though, it's started by some random, drunk guy just shouting "Nooorth!" until someone answers him.  Then you have a tiny version of it going back & forth in the same section... It might get picked up by some other sections who happen to hear drunk guy & his buddies doing it, and like the wave, could actually gain traction throughout the whole stadium.  Problem with ending it though... Random drunk guy started it so it can never end cleanly.

People just need to understand it's not their job to start that chant every 10 minutes & let the cheerleaders do it.

It would be so much better that way.

• Upvote 1

Here is one that I have been kicking around for a bit. I have been contesting for years that we should try to incorporate more EPL style songs into game day...but without the cussing and cockney accents

Here is a pretty simple one that would set us apart from the rest of college football. Instead of going into the same ol - na na na na hey hey hey goodby. 

Change it up to a variation of an Arsenal Giroud chant. To the chorus of Hey Jude.

Na na na nananana nananana You Loose

http://fanchants.co.uk/football-songs/arsenal-chants/olivier-giroud/

Of corse it could only be sung in the last minutes of a game that we have in the books.

Im going to bring my kazoo and get this fired up in my friendly corner of the endzone 

Here is one that I have been kicking around for a bit. I have been contesting for years that we should try to incorporate more EPL style songs into game day...but without the cussing and cockney accents

Here is a pretty simple one that would set us apart from the rest of college football. Instead of going into the same ol - na na na na hey hey hey goodby. 

Change it up to a variation of an Arsenal Giroud chant. To the chorus of Hey Jude.

Na na na nananana nananana You Loose

http://fanchants.co.uk/football-songs/arsenal-chants/olivier-giroud/

Of corse it could only be sung in the last minutes of a game that we have in the books.

Im going to bring my kazoo and get this fired up in my friendly corner of the endzone 

Have you never heard Peacock and I sing "Who's your father, referee?"

• Upvote 1