Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad trailers

Both look really good, especially after how bad Age of Ultron was. DC already has the best TV shows (Daredevil aside), maybe they can add movies finally.

Antman should be really good.

• Upvote 1

qO76GMw.gif

All kidding aside.  

1) Antman is exactly the mess you would expect from a movie that went through three directors, multiple rewrites, and had the runner beg for it to be delayed only to have the studio deny it as say it had to be released on time.  

2) Age of Ultron was meh.  In fact...

3) Every single Marvel movie had a lot of it's polish tarnished as soon as Mad Max was released.  That is how you make a world wide crowd pleasing action extravaganza.  Though I admit the Happy Meal tie ins are a lot harder to work out.  Free stick-on War Boy Tumors™?

4) DC has a chance to make some headway, however both trailers make it look like both movies are teetering on the knife edge of Really Good vs Train Wreck.

• Upvote 2

3) Every single Marvel movie had a lot of it's polish tarnished as soon as Mad Max was released.  That is how you make a world wide crowd pleasing action extravaganza.  Though I admit the Happy Meal tie ins are a lot harder to work out.  Free stick-on War Boy Tumors™?

What tarnished Ultron for me was Daredevil. Going from a story where you could identify, if not necessarily agree with the villain, to a story where the villain is evil because internet...sucked. Also the directing and camera work were so much better than Ultron. Add on top of it that it was almost the exact same story as the first...

• Upvote 1

Suicide Squad looks better based on the trailer than I was expecting, but I still likely won't see it.

And I have no idea if Batman vs. Superman will be any good. That'll be the one I'll probably see, but still, I'm kinda burned out of superhero films overall.

I think WB/DC realize people are feeling this way, which is why I think their movies have a completely different look and feel than Marvel. I find it very refreshing, but Marvel has brainwashed a lot of people to think superhero movies have to be bright, family friendly comedies.

• Upvote 1

Both of these trailers look great. DC definitely has a different feel for their movies. Don't get too caught up in the hype over Batman vs Superman just yet.  Zach Snyder is still the director and his Man of Steel flick was just a flat out heartless, mess.

Age of Ultron wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as we all expected. The Avengers blew the general audience away and I think we were all expecting AoU to do the same. Joss Whedon did a decent job with the 1st two films. However, I am looking forward to the Russo Bros taking over the Avengers Infinity War movies. The Winter Soldier was a great film and I fully expect Civil War to be just as good.

Ant Man was a very good movie. It currently holds an 80% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Definitely, the surprise of the summer, IMO.

Edited by Got5onIt

Both of these trailers look great. DC definitely has a different feel for their movies. Don't get too caught up in the hype over Batman vs Superman just yet.  Zach Snyder is still the director and his Man of Steel flick was just a flat out heartless, mess.

Age of Ultron wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as we all expected. The Avengers blew the general audience away and I think we were all expecting AoU to do the same. Joss Whedon did a decent job with the 1st two films. However, I am looking forward to the Russo Bros taking over the Avengers Infinity War movies. The Winter Soldier was a great film and I fully expect Civil War to be just as good.

Ant Man was a very good movie. It currently holds an 80% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Definitely, the surprise of the summer, IMO.

Mad Max would like to have a word with you.