2015 GMG.com UNT Player Adoption List

We do this every year and we ask everyone to select a player on the UNT roster and "adopt" that player for the season. You basically keep an eye on that player and his stats and keep the board updated when he has a good game, makes a great play etc...it doesn't have to be starters, it could be a red shirt freshman that you think will make his mark this season or maybe even a punter or kicker. Heck even a true freshman or recent transfer could be someone's choice. 

Here's the link from last year's list:
2014 Player Adoption Thread

Obviously, if an underclassman was adopted last year, that guy is still adopted by the same GMG.com poster in 2015... unless you were so disappointed with your player's performance last year that you're abandoning him at his time of need to choose a flashier player this year.  In that case, you're a poor parent, but more power to you.

If the 2014 parent does not show up to claim their previously-adopted player by July 31st, he's fair game for anyone else to grab.

So, without further ado, here is 2015's roster:
2015 Roster

I'll be continuing my adoption of Mr. Marcus Smith.
10196740.jpeg

Looking forward to big things from Mr. Smith this year.  Hopefully he has a QB who can throw the ball to an area where he can actually catch the ball (you know, Smith-to-Smith has a nice ring to it).

• Upvote 3

I was wondering when you would start this again.

I'll take Jeffery Wilson. I don't believe anyone took him last season, and I think he is in for a monster season.

Jeffrey  Wilson

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 2

10206780.jpeg

I will go with my man Mustafa Haboul.. he has quietly been working his arse off the past three years in the weightroom.  I really think this may be his breakout year, his chance to shine.  We need him to.

Oh yes, I'll be sticking with my boy Tillman Johnson . . .

10195546.jpeg

As for what he did last year . . .

• Set a freshman record for most sacks in a single season with 5.0
• Broke the school record for most sacks by a freshman in a game with 3.0 sacks against Nicholls 
• Despite playing in only eight games, Johnson was second on the team with five sacks in 2014
• Was third on the team with five solo tackles and led North Texas with three sacks against Nicholls

• Recorded the lone sack of the game for the Mean Green vs. UTEP

And folks . . . you ain't seen nuthin' yet.

• Upvote 3

• Rated a three-star player by 247Sports.com and the No. 12 defensive end in the nation.
• Was an honorable mention NJCAA All-American in 2014 when he racked up 17 sacks, which was second in the nation. 
• He had 50 total tackles on the season and four forced fumbles.
• Was a team captain.
• In two seasons at Iowa Central, Combs had 25 sacks.

I'm going with Jareid Combs_X-JBq4o.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Rated a three-star player by 247Sports.com and the No. 12 defensive end in the nation.
• Was an honorable mention NJCAA All-American in 2014 when he racked up 17 sacks, which was second in the nation. 
• He had 50 total tackles on the season and four forced fumbles.
• Was a team captain.
• In two seasons at Iowa Central, Combs had 25 sacks.

I'm going with Jareid Combs_X-JBq4o.jpg

was gunna take him, but I knew you'd wanna grab him so I left him. He's gunna be a BAD man! 

• Upvote 2

was gunna take him, but I knew you'd wanna grab him so I left him. He's gunna be a BAD man! 

He plays the game similar to how I played the game just is gifted with more ability and natural skills.  Watching his film it's obvious that he is interested in more than just the tackle.  It looks like he is always trying to force a turnover.  He secures the sack/tackle and begins ripping at the ball.  Yeah sacks and TFL's are great but a turnover is better.  That should be the Defensive mind set of all 11 men on the defensive side of the ball.

It's one way to help our offensive game plan/style as well.  Wear down the defense and eventually a run play will pop.  Turnovers will help because it's cutting into their (the opposing defense) rest time and it happens quickly or at untimely moments, when they are getting coached up on something we are beating them at.  Hence they don't fix it and we exploit them again!!

• 1 month later...

we doin' that again this year...or are y'all too busy whining about gingers, billboards and schedules five years from now to be bothered?

if the prior: UNT 2015 Roster

I'll be taking number 47, Terrence Johnson. in terms of combination of size and athleticism, he may be tops on the roster and his shift to the defensive line from (the criminally under-utilized) position of tight end has me intrigued. from what I understand he was a late-comer to football, so this may be a long-term investment on my part, but if it clicks for him, I think he could be a real important piece to this defense over the next four years

if the latter...in the famous words of ben gooding...stfu.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1