What's In the Locker: New Uniforms

Worst ones they've ever had, and that's saying something! Who approved this garbage?????

The stripes? The font? The colors? Vomit!!! 90s futuristic, arena football looking crap. So bad. Ugh! 

couldn't agree more...these new unis are beyond sad & depressing...even the players in the video look depressed...

we're doing it wrong...again

go meh green 

Edited by 3XL
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Badass!! I love them! Best uniform NT's had in my years of fandom.  Love the black helmets & black piping. Well, the HoD uniforms are probably slightly better but they also have a nice bowl win behind them. Still love these. Now, let's keep these and slap a good ol' habit of winning on them.

Someone minused 1 because I like them? WTF??

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I seem to be in the minority here in this thread, but I'm pretty happy with them. I should mention that I was also a fan of the Dodge era jerseys too though.

The main focus point for me is that we finally have a darker shade of green, plus I love the black trim. I do hope we go with white pants instead of the green on green look however...

• Upvote 5

These jerseys are absolutely garbage. The old uniforms weren't great, but they were surprisingly much more classic than these. These new uniforms will be dated in about 18 days. And what the hell are those stripes on the sleeves? What the heck... 

• Upvote 5

Yeah, striped sleeves are a tradition thing. You don't add them unless you've always gad them. 

I want to see how the look in person. I also wish they would have ponied up that extra cash, done things right, and got a white helmet with green sow for our road unis. 

I'll hold real judgement after I see them in unison together. So far though, just not entirely impressed. The font and the stripes are leaning me away from them though. Kirbys numbers look like the number 4 font on microsoft. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, striped sleeves are a tradition thing. You don't add them unless you've always gad them. 

I want to see how the look in person. I also wish they would have ponied up that extra cash, done things right, and got a white helmet with green sow for our road unis. 

I'll hold real judgement after I see them in unison together. So far though, just not entirely impressed. The font and the stripes are leaning me away from them though. Kirbys numbers look like the number 4 font on microsoft. 

dude, the players hate them. Enough said. They suck! 

• Upvote 2

I seem to be in the minority here in this thread, but I'm pretty happy with them. I should mention that I was also a fan of the Dodge era jerseys too though.

The main focus point for me is that we finally have a darker shade of green, plus I love the black trim. I do hope we go with white pants instead of the green on green look however...

I hated the Dodge era SLC unis. These look nothing like them. I love the black helmets. I guess the arm stripes are hit or miss with some, but I like the overall look. 

• Upvote 2

4 former players and 2 current players disapprove and you equate that to all?  My goodness this board has become an ass whipping.  Based on the poll votes, these uniforms are pretty well liked outside of the vocal minority, which seems to sway everything.  Want to see them in person, but my only dislike at this point is the green on green.  

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

4 former players and 2 current players disapprove and you equate that to all?  My goodness this board has become an ass whipping.  Based on the poll votes, these uniforms are pretty well liked outside of the vocal minority, which seems to sway everything.  Want to see them in person, but my only dislike at this point is the green on green.  

I think most here get butt hurt if the uniforms don't look like 1920's UT or OU. Leather helmets, no facemasks, and have the team run onto the field playing JailHouse Rock will be the only way to please them.  :D

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

couldn't agree more...these new unis are beyond sad & depressing...even the players in the video look depressed...

we're doing it wrong...again

go meh green 

like kids with cancer sad and depressing or more like refugees with missing body parts from land mines sad and depressing?

just trying to understand the scope of this tragedy.

• Upvote 3

lol 4 players.. I don't mind putting a list together off the top of my head Sed HATED them, Dillman favorited minor did too, I can keep looking and compile. The kids seemed embarrassed of them, except of course the ones asked to showcase them. Hell even Josh Greer favorited a tweet in despise of new unis

Add ced Fernandes to that list, jalen Montgomery, josh cousins, I'm sure I can find more. The unis aren't cool. It's ok to admit that

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 3

I'm hopeful to see how the green uniforms look with the new boat paint metal flake sparkle green helmets (which I love and look awesome). I don't really like the look of the 2014 Homecoming black helmets with the dark grey stripe along with the new green uniforms. Road whites should look killer with the new sparkle green helmets. 

• Upvote 3