Tony Mitchell Update?

Gibbz

Anyone have an idea what he's up to? Last I knew he was in a Puerto Rican league but he doesn't seem to be on a roster anymore. I saw an article about Italian Lega A that mentioned his name but it might have been regarding the old Alabama Tony Mitchell.

• Upvote 2

Got my curiousity up. He is shown on the roster of Caneros de la Romano in the Dominican Republic. He is shown on the roster but has not had a number assigned and apparently has not played in any of the team's 20 games. Maybe he was injured, who knows.

• Upvote 1

The man needs to get some heart! You can have all the athletisicm in the world, but if you have no heart your done. Roger Franklin is proving this. 

One coach can have all the heart in the world, but if he doesn't have the tools...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Roger also was on campus the past few weeks helping out Benford and company with a youth basketball camp. Roger was not the flashiest player, but he may be the most stand up player we have had in a long time. Always loyal to UNT. 

Yep!

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think the switch to Domincan Republic must have been recent as he played 23 games for Atleticos San German and averaged 10 & 7 with 2 blocks per game. Not sure the timing of the league in Domincan Republic, but they have a few former NBA players in Reshawn Terry and Luther Head.

Hasn't played for either team since April 25. I still wonder if he is injured. The Dominican league team's season is over.

• Upvote 2