Thoughts on UNT using "#hit6"?

Harry

Is it time to ditch "#Hit6"  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time to ditch "#Hit6"

• YES - it served it's purpose in 2013 but times have changed and it's time to move on
    • NO - "#Hit6" worked before and it will work again for UNT

You have to hit six before you can hit seven. I think focusing one game at a time is best, don't get ahead of yourself and don't dwell on what's past. But as long as #hit6 is the FIRST of many goals, and clearly communicated that way, it is an excellent intermediate goal.

By the way, in all the new features of the system, is there a way to hide comments from people you don't want to see even if they are quoted by someone else? That way I'll never see anything from the posters I don't want to read!

• Upvote 2

I understand that 6 wins is only a modest goal and all, but does #hit6 really imply that once the Mean Green wins its sixth game of the season the players will just throw a raging party and forfeit the rest of the season?  Aren't we getting a little touchy about semantics?  I'm all for lofty goals, but wouldn't #hitnationalchampionship! sound a little ridiculous?  For a football program that has only "hit6" once in the last decade, it's not exactly an irrelevant goal.

• Upvote 4

Sadly, #hit4 seems to be realistic with the status of the program. I'd love to win 6 though.

When you set mediocre goals, you get mediocre results. Hoping for a 6-6 season is like being happy that you got anything but last place.

The team isn't discussing nonsense like hit 6. Fans are. Players could care less about slogans.

• Upvote 1

Wait, they are bringing that back again? Come on guys.... are creative department SUCKS!

Well, this is the same university that spent what, $20K on the current watermark and logo.

It's not that I don't like it, I just think the same logos could have been developed for a lot cheaper.

• Upvote 1

This is a mediocre troll effort from you. Set your sights higher.

I stopped doing that about two years ago. What winning program do you see openly saying that they hope to win at least 6 games? Oh that's right, none of them do. The only people who need to set their sights higher is your athletic department. Our previous head coach got fired for going 7-5 because that's mediocre. You don't see Coach Herman going around saying "Oh gee, I hope we win at least 6 games this year." Nope, he just won a national championship and the Broyles award. We aim for 14-0 every season.

So basically, it's like your goal every time you go to the bar.

Actually I don't have any trouble getting women, but that's not what this discussion is about. 

• Downvote 2