Deion Hair'Griffin QB/ATH (FW Arlington Heights) - SIGNED LOI

Yes, there was nothing on this profile before yesterday, other than a 5'8" 150 lb listing and his highlights. No rating or college offers/interests. Meangreen15 posts this, Vito comes out with a "breaking news story" on a 15 day-old tweet of the commitment, then Vito tells Perroni of 247.

Then Perroni updates his page with the info Vito gave him, slaps a rating on him, and the mobile page takes a bit to update.

Anyways, good pickup at this point. These little guys are usually a dime a dozen, but if they're good they can make a big impact (Chancellor, Harris) so I like taking a guy like this a class or every other class. Looks pretty good, and great production.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If we can get a good offensive head coach that runs a spread system, what are the chances that Deion is given a chance at QB? Given a redshirt year behind Smith to add some size could really make him dangerous. He looks to have a decent arm, but that speed is amazing! Could play like a Boykin/Manziel in the C-USA.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

He's following pretty much every member of our coaching staff, the UNTrecruiting handle, and several players on twitter.  

I think he's onboard

If he was down for the old wrinkly staff why not the new age spread the ball around offense? LOVE IT!! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 10/18/2015 at 11:15 PM, MEEN2018 said:

If we can get a good offensive head coach that runs a spread system, what are the chances that Deion is given a chance at QB? Given a redshirt year behind Smith to add some size could really make him dangerous. He looks to have a decent arm, but that speed is amazing! Could play like a Boykin/Manziel in the C-USA.

I assume Morris will be the guy this year

Edited by pastorgrant
  • Upvote 1

I think I am getting too excited!!! 3 events at state track? I am fixing to look his track times up... wow 

This year he has run a 

60 meter dash in 7.15 at a&m indoor and a 22.53 200 meter dash at the a&m meet followed that up with a 

60 meter dash in 7.16 and 22.29 200 meter dash at the Arkansas HS Indoor Invitational.... lets put that in perspective thats the 12th fastest time this year in indoor and .2 faster than Raleigh Texada a 3 star almost 4 star corner who is signed with Baylor... Speed Kills boys  

60 meter dash comparisons he is 46th fastest time in state and the times go in ascending order from his 7.15 to a reachable 7.00 that takes him up to the 13th fastest time in the state. there are several sub 7s which is flying.. here is the link http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Division/Event.aspx?DivID=77363&Event=42 that race is all about his start then being able to hold his 40 speed through the finish I can see him getting faster as track progresses. 

Edited by GMG24

13 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

"He’ll bleed green.”

This quote alone makes him my favorite player from this class.  He's my adopted player, I'm calling it early

I was going to make him mine for as long as he's here.  Deion is just an all around great kid.  He's been a great representative of Heights and will be a great one for UNT.  

• 2 months later...