'16 TE Cody Mitchell (Jasper)

6'5" 230 lb tight end from Jasper high school in Jasper, TX. We have offered. Also holds offers from Missouri, Illinois, SMU, Louisiana Lafayette, Texas State, and Central Arkansas.

highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4699861/cody-mitchell

http://247sports.com/Player/Cody-Mitchell-79622

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

East Texas has always been fertile grounds for tough nosed football players.  I've been hoping to latch on to some recruits from that area(Newton, Jaspar, West Orange Stark, Bridge City, Little Cypress) for years.  Just create a small pipeline to that area.  La Tech has been doing really well down there for several years.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I don't know that we're getting out recruited by anybody. It doesn't seem like we're doing any recruiting at all. I've seen like 2 or 3 offers come out since the season started. I really think this staff is waiting until the end of the season to start actually pushing for commits.

shouldn't be accepted by anyone... 

I don't know that we're getting out recruited by anybody. It doesn't seem like we're doing any recruiting at all. I've seen like 2 or 3 offers come out since the season started. I really think this staff is waiting until the end of the season to start actually pushing for commits.

This. This here is beyond comprehension. While we have ended up with some nice pieces in Mac's recruiting classes, overall, they have been below average. The 2016 class is looking to be way beyond below average. Who is sitting in the coaches offices  thinking that waiting is the right course of action? Did they not believe the in the tire and the internet as well?

I always thought kids sometimes lean more towards a team that offers them first. Not always but they tend to show a lot of respect for their first offer. Your thought Billy?