'16 DL Solomon Wise (Coppell)

• 6 months later...
On June 21, 2015 at 2:34 PM, BillySee58 said:

6'5" 225 lb defensive end from Coppell high school. We have offered, per rivals. Also holds offers from SMU, Kansas, Illinois State, and Missouri State.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Solomon-Wise-175094

http://247sports.com/Player/Solomon-Wise-81182

It has to hurt some not having a DL coach in place? Ek is a dynamic coach so he probably has a handle on it. I was hoping for a DL coach that might have some recruits. Better to find, coach right than coach right now! 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

It has to hurt some not having a DL coach in place? Ek is a dynamic coach so he probably has a handle on it. I was hoping for a DL coach that might have some recruits. Better to find, coach right than coach right now! 

I like Roark from NutsaCK. He was well respected when he was there and considered a good coach and recruiter. Wasn't retained by Wilson

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

This is where we need a DL coach. I wonder when Littrell is gonna get around to doing that

They are not in a hurry to fill that spot and would rather hold out for quality.  I think the staff is in a good position to evaluate the talent with Ekeler taking lead.  He knows what types of player he wants and he may not get them all this cycle because of timing.  While having your dline coach in place would be nice recruits look at other things as well because they know these position coaches will move sometimes on an annual basis.

• 2 weeks later...