'16 RB Patrick Taylor (Humble Atascocita)

6'2" 210 lb running back from Atascocita High School in Humble, Texas. We have offered. Also holds offers from UTSA, Colorado State, Louisiana Lafayette, Nevada, and Texas State. Rushed for 749 yards and 9 touchdowns last year.

highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2030282/patrick-taylor-jr

http://247sports.com/Player/Patrick-Taylor-80700

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Patrick-Taylor Jr.-175093

I guess we are looking for our next 3-down back.

I like the intensity when he hits the hole, but also shows good patience. Me likey.

I don't think our coaches got our 6'1" 190 lb back (Middleton) with the intention of making him a scat back. That being said, I think we'll still try to take another back after not getting one last year, Jimmerson being a senior, and Evans transferring.

Agreed, how about a QB. That would be nice. 

8 days from July and no QB offers yet. Until an offer comes out, it looks like we aren't taking one this class. Coaches must feel really confident in Means and Chumley in order to not take one this class or let Dillman have a try.

Here's another kid with a very reasonable offer list. These are the type of offer lists are class should have plenty of, not just two kids a class. Let's see how we can recruit against these schools for a good prospect.

• Upvote 1

8 days from July and no QB offers yet. Until an offer comes out, it looks like we aren't taking one this class. Coaches must feel really confident in Means and Chumley in order to not take one this class or let Dillman have a try.

I really hope that is not the case. If it is, we are going to be hurting in a few years if those two don't pan out. Even if they do both turn out to be great, we will just have no depth behind them.

I really hope that is not the case. If it is, we are going to be hurting in a few years if those two don't pan out. Even if they do both turn out to be great, we will just have no depth behind them.

If we do want to take a QB now then we'll really have to make a good impression on a kid who has probably had offers and contact with schools for months.

I don't think our coaches got our 6'1" 190 lb back (Middleton) with the intention of making him a scat back. 

I was confused for a second, but yeah I forgot about Middleton who is also a big back. Overall I've seen a concerted effort in offering bigger RBs and WRs.

Middleton looks like he has the frame to add on even more, and we could always use another bruiser. 

I was confused for a second, but yeah I forgot about Middleton who is also a big back. Overall I've seen a concerted effort in offering bigger RBs and WRs.

Middleton looks like he has the frame to add on even more, and we could always use another bruiser. 

I tend to disagree with that statement that we're trying to get bigger RBs and WRs. Just because everyone offers the backs and receivers who have prototypical size. Offering and getting those guys are obviously two different things. Nothing personal towards, just my thoughts on a general sentiment that seems to get thrown around a decent amount with recruiting.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I guess the difference is - and what is getting me excited - we are actually landing those bigger impact players that we offer. Our biggest impact WRs of the past few years have been about 6' or less.

Bradley is 6-2, and very physical (playing time at DB). Rutherford 6-5, Goree 6-3. That [highly anticipated] trio is the biggest in recent memory. Oh and Thad Thompson is 6-2 and definitely physical.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...