'16 OL Luther Harris (Oklahoma City)

6'6" 361 lb (Sparq verified) offensive lineman from Heritage Hall high school in Oklahoma City. We have offered. Also holds offers from Tulsa and Ohio. Plays right tackle but could likely project at guard in college.

highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1599146/luther-harris

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Luther-Harris-155258

http://247sports.com/Player/Luther-Harris-78173

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Uhhhh....yes. Yes. Yes. Imagine Harris and Jordan anchoring both guard positions in a couple years. Whew...we will be monstrous on the OL. 

*And yes they will have to develop excellent technique so they don't allow people to explode underneath them, but if coached up properly this can be a good thing. 

Also, is it me, but is Mac still trying to go against the norm and eventually stick to his pound the rock mantra. His recruiting appears to say yes. If he can get a couple more monsters in here at both tackles then go for it. By the time he would be able to get a huge OL opposing teams would have to prepare for us as people were worried about preparing for the spread 3-4 years ago. If he's going to do this then he needs to stick to this and quit jumping back and forth in offseason discussion and game plans. Going 4 wide one 3 and out series to turn around and go 2 tight the next 3 and out series might be legitimate reason for all of our 3 and outs. Pick one and roll with it. 

Either way, I think this would be a big get. 

• Downvote 1

Not a bad kid. size is good. but talk about small town USA game play. most of his blocks highlighted he was pushing guys to the ground that where take an inside angel. his pass blocking and foot work are good for that size. a little coaching will go a long way.

Yeah.. Never say never, but being that tall one has to assume they're looking at him for Tackle also. I would predict RT for him LT for Murray even though Murray has a looooooong way to go until he's ready to go there. 

Yeah.. Never say never, but being that tall one has to assume they're looking at him for Tackle also. I would predict RT for him LT for Murray even though Murray has a looooooong way to go until he's ready to go there. 

He might get a long time. I think Chris Miles will move over to left tackle in 2016 after starting at right tackle this year, then lock down left tackle from 2016-2018.