'16 RB Tyrone Middleton (San Antonio Southwest) - UNT Commit 6/14/2015

Nice! It should be fun to see how this kid can do with a season of being the main guy at running back. I know I make a big deal about offer lists, but this is the type of kid I'm okay with not having much of an offer list. Relatively new to organized football, had a really good back in front of him, and had a bit of an injury problem. Good combination of size and speed.

• Upvote 1

He's got great size! Very fluid hips, and decisive. As cdizzle mentions, I like that he doesn't get taken down by the first tackle. Put ten more pounds on that frame and we've got a 3-down back. Hope we can keep him.

He reminds me a little of Demarco Murray with the way he runs.

At first I thought Rashad Jennings, but you're totally right. His cutting and lateral agility while still going forward remind me of Murray/McFadden's syle.​

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

Rushed for 700 yards and 7 scores on 122 carries this year. Stats don't stand out, but his film isn't too bad. If Perry stays, which it looks like is very possible, I would imagine this kid would remain a part of this class.

I haven't seen any 2015 tape, but rewatched his 14 tape and it makes me giddy. Like his ability to work in tight spaces and his vision.

After watching the film and looking at the stats, I'm wondering if maybe our plan is to move him to defense? Zac Whitfield? Although I'm guessing with this guy's size he would be a LB or Safety. Also, his high school stats look very similar to what Jimmerson's stats looked like at Desoto and that guy had a good career here in my opinion.

Edited by MeanGreenZen
  • Upvote 1

After watching the film and looking at the stats, I'm wondering if maybe our plan is to move him to defense? Zac Whitfield? Although I'm guessing with this guy's size he would be a LB or Safety. Also, his high school stats look very similar to what Jimmerson's stats looked like at Desoto and that guy had a good career here in my opinion.

NT03 and I did a little research on his stats and there's no way he rushed for only 700 yards this year. That's way off. He had a 254-yard performance at the beginning of the year, a 202-yard performance in his team's only playoff game this year, and some good performances in between. Was hard to find good, reliable stats on this kid.

Also, Tommy Perry recruited him to play running back. Middleton's only other offer was from Colorado State as a linebacker, but I think he'll be an RB here as long as we keep Perry, which it seems like we will.

• Upvote 1

i think it was 15 but you were close. A for effort

We don't need to be recruiting '16 RB Tyrone Middleton (San Antonio Southwest) because he is fumble-prone.  Those 15 fumbles were actually only his fumbles during DISTRICT PLAY.    He actually had over 30 fumbles on the year, including 5 during their playoff game.

Just a terrible player.  Cant count on all of those yards if he can't hold onto the ball in clutch time.

• Upvote 4

I read where he has "club" hands.  I don't think we should be making fun of his fumbling issues considering his handicap.  I applaud our coaching staff for sticking with this young man considering these physical limitations.  I just wish they would have done their due diligence prior to extending the offer.

• Upvote 1

I read where he has "club" hands.  I don't think we should be making fun of his fumbling issues considering his handicap.  I applaud our coaching staff for sticking with this young man considering these physical limitations.  I just wish they would have done their due diligence prior to extending the offer.

He has Club Hands? Where are you seeing this?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2