'16 WR Rico Bussey (Oklahoma) - SIGNED LOI

6'1" 170 lb receiver from Eisenhower high school in Lawton, Oklahoma. We have offered. Also holds offers from Arkansas State, Air Force, Louisiana Monroe, and various FCS schools.

highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3108564/rico-bussey

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Rico-Bussey-167592

http://247sports.com/Player/Rico-Bussey-80541

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/214738/rico-bussey

http://www.scout.com/player/200751-rico-bussey/recruiting?year=2015

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, MEEN2018 said:

I've seen the offensive assistant coaches have been following him this week. He is now following Morris and English as well so I wouldn't be surprised if he is visiting this weekend. Lots of offers but we should be able to beat out everyone on that list.

Plus 2 1/2 hours away!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MEEN2018 said:

I've seen the offensive assistant coaches have been following him this week. He is now following Morris and English as well so I wouldn't be surprised if he is visiting this weekend. Lots of offers but we should be able to beat out everyone on that list.

Agree, that's a pretty solid offer sheet.  I would hope we made a great impression this weekend and no one else swoops in at the last minute.... we might have a good shot at him.

Welcome Rico!

Bussey did what was expected last season, accounting for 1,200 yards despite Lawton Eisenhower turning to the Wildcat formation for four games when quarterback Bentley Bross was injured.

Now Bussey is starting to pick up some college interest with 10 scholarship offers — including Abilene Christian, Air Force, Army, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisiana-Monroe and Navy — as he climbs to No. 22 on The Oklahoman’s Super 30.

“I didn’t think I was going to get this much attention,” Bussey said. “I’m just still waiting to see what else I can get. I’ve been talking to some big schools, but I don’t know.”

Bussey said he’s been in contact with Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State and Southern California. He ran a 4.5 40-yard dash at OU’s camp this summer and last year had a vertical jump of 36 inches at TCU’s camp.

read more:  http://newsok.com/article/5431786

26 minutes ago, greenit said:

Wow, we beat out 8 other FBS schools.  The kid had an 85 (3 star) rating from 247, but only a 79.4 composite (2 star) when combined with the other service.  Still, beating out 8 other FBS schools is nice for a change.

It is. And the thing is, there are plenty of players like this who have good offer lists yet don't have one school on their offer list who we shouldn't beat out regularly. Not one school on that offer list we should struggle against in head-to-head recruiting.

51 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

6'1"  add 20lbs nice size! Seth said he wanted players longer! Nice! GMG

Mccarney brought in a lot of players with good size for their position, offensively. Thing is, no other schools wanted them. Says a lot about a player's ability if he has good size yet still isn't getting offers. We signed those type of players, and they didn't do a thing for us under Mccarney.

We need to start getting players like this who have the size and are still good players. Gotta win recruiting battles. Should have plenty more additions like this to come.

• Upvote 6

On January 18, 2016 at 10:38 PM, BillySee58 said:

It is. And the thing is, there are plenty of players like this who have good offer lists yet don't have one school on their offer list who we shouldn't beat out regularly. Not one school on that offer list we should struggle against in head-to-head recruiting.

Mccarney brought in a lot of players with good size for their position, offensively. Thing is, no other schools wanted them. Says a lot about a player's ability if he has good size yet still isn't getting offers. We signed those type of players, and they didn't do a thing for us under Mccarney.

We need to start getting players like this who have the size and are still good players. Gotta win recruiting battles. Should have plenty more additions like this to come.

The bolded is exactly correct. This kid is a good ad, but is a kid we should win 80% of the time.

Im looking forward to when we actually beat out someone besides Sun Belt teams and service academy teams.

It can be done. We did it in the 2014 class. Can't wait to at least start beating out CUSA teams for recruits.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, UNT90 said:

The bolded is exactly correct. This kid is a good ad, but is a kid we should win 80% of the time.

Im looking forward to when we actually beat out someone besides Sun Belt teams and service academy teams.

It can be done. We did it in the 2014 class. Can't wait to at least start beating out CUSA teams for recruits.

Good offer list or not, this kid has some ability to flat out fly

• Upvote 2