Harry

gallery_1_94_211870.jpgUNT Head Coach Tony Benford had a 5-game moment-in-time last season, where he fielded an impressive squad and played winning basketball.  In a little over two weeks, the Mean Green won 5 C-USA games against quality opponents including: UAB, Middle Tennessee, The two Florida schools on the road and Charlotte.  Now Five games does not a season make but it did provide some hope.  UNT fans seemed to start getting pretty excited heading to the conference tournament as I recall.

What happened next was like the worst possible case scenario.  Benford lost all momentum, losing the last four games of the season including a loss to UTSA (Thank you sir may I have another).

So when people ask me how we are going to do in basketball this season, I typically try to dodge the question...you know change the subject?  But if pressed, I would say it depends.  Which Tony Benford team will show up  this season?

gallery_1_88_100110.jpg

Edited by Harry

Which team? Five games is less than a sixth of a season. I wouldn't consider that exciting stretch to be another Benford team. Benford has had one team since he took over: an underperforming one. I hope we get a NEW team this season. I won't have to pay for tickets for another three more years but I still don't want to see a bad team for free either!

• Upvote 2