Director of Operations Job Posting

Harry

Under direct supervision of the Head Basketball Coach, the Director of Basketball Operations is responsible for coordinating all aspects of basketball operations for the University of North Texas basketball team.

Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinates all aspects of basketball team travel
* Completes all necessary documents to have team travel approved by the Business Office and PPS prior to the season
* Submit all necessary bids per the State of Texas and University policies for all buses and hotels
* Reconciles all team travel in a timely manor
* Coordinates all aspects of prospective athletes official visits, recruiting weekends, coaches recruiting travel, and overall recruiting coordination
* Completes all necessary documents to have recruiting travel approved by the Business Office and PPS prior to the recruiting trip
* Reconciles all recruiting travel in a timely manor
* Submit necessary documents to create requisitions for hotels during official visits if needed
* Works directly with Academic and Compliance units assuring NCAA compliance and student athlete eligibility for basketball team
* Completes all task necessary to track prospects and current student athletes in NCAA Clearinghouse, with NCAA certification, with NCAA satisfactory progress, and with individual student athlete eligibility
* Assist with day to day basketball activities allowed per NCAA rules
* Maintains continual and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations and complies with the same
* Assists in briefing student-athletes and monitoring adherence to above
* Must comply with all NCAA and C-USA rules and regulations.
* Performs other duties as assigned by Head Coach or Athletics Director.

Edited by Harry

Andrew, you have to be the most ignorant person I have ever come across. As a former student manager for Johnny Jones and Coach Benford and then a Mean Green Club intern I can confidently say that EVERY person on that athletic department staff loves the Mean Green and the Denton community. They work tirelessly to do everything they can for the student-athletes AND the fans. If you truly think that athletics hires people with no passion you are blind. Do you really think it is that easy to just hop in the saddle and sell tickets or get fans involved? What are you doing to help? When you talk down about YOUR UNIVERSITY you do damage to the brand that is trying to be built up. 

I challenge you to bring that accusation to Rick directly, or go speak to Hank Dickenson who has possibly the most tenure out of anyone. Maybe call Jessica Hulsebosch, or Victor Gill (10 years + combined between student athlete and long time employees). Stephen Howard, who you speak of, a proud Mean Green Alum. How about Matt Phillips and Kayla Spears? One a former student while the other is a former QB for the Mean Green. Before you go accusing that staff of having no passion go speak to all of these people I have mentioned. Their passion comes in the form of time sacrificed from family, holidays missed, and long conversations listening, POLITELY, to people like you whine and complain.

You wouldn't last 20 minutes in Stephen Howard's position. Do you have any idea the amount of time he put in as SID for Men's Basketball? Not including Volleyball, Soccer, and Football. You are completely clueless. Stick to yelling inaccurate information from the stands.

My point is simple. Don't go accusing those hard working people of having no passion when you don't have a clue of what their job even is! A large majority of this board couldn't do a better job than anyone currently there. That is a special place to someone such as myself and others who have come through that Athletic Center. If you want to be a supporter of this program then BE A DAMN SUPPORTER! 

And learn how to spell peoples names. Its Stephen, not Steven. You dope.

​Awesome!

Andrew, you have to be the most ignorant person I have ever come across. As a former student manager for Johnny Jones and Coach Benford and then a Mean Green Club intern I can confidently say that EVERY person on that athletic department staff loves the Mean Green and the Denton community. They work tirelessly to do everything they can for the student-athletes AND the fans. If you truly think that athletics hires people with no passion you are blind. Do you really think it is that easy to just hop in the saddle and sell tickets or get fans involved? What are you doing to help? When you talk down about YOUR UNIVERSITY you do damage to the brand that is trying to be built up. 

I challenge you to bring that accusation to Rick directly, or go speak to Hank Dickenson who has possibly the most tenure out of anyone. Maybe call Jessica Hulsebosch, or Victor Gill (10 years + combined between student athlete and long time employees). Stephen Howard, who you speak of, a proud Mean Green Alum. How about Matt Phillips and Kayla Spears? One a former student while the other is a former QB for the Mean Green. Before you go accusing that staff of having no passion go speak to all of these people I have mentioned. Their passion comes in the form of time sacrificed from family, holidays missed, and long conversations listening, POLITELY, to people like you whine and complain.

You wouldn't last 20 minutes in Stephen Howard's position. Do you have any idea the amount of time he put in as SID for Men's Basketball? Not including Volleyball, Soccer, and Football. You are completely clueless. Stick to yelling inaccurate information from the stands.

My point is simple. Don't go accusing those hard working people of having no passion when you don't have a clue of what their job even is! A large majority of this board couldn't do a better job than anyone currently there. That is a special place to someone such as myself and others who have come through that Athletic Center. If you want to be a supporter of this program then BE A DAMN SUPPORTER! 

And learn how to spell peoples names. Its Stephen, not Steven. You dope.

Oh, joy, someone defending the mediocre (at best) athletic department at UNT. Imagine that. This is not talking down. This is unfortunately me talking perception and reality. Don't come on here defending the shenanigans that go on inside those athletic walls when over the last 14 or 15 years all they have produced is largely losing programs, garnered piss poor donor levels and attendance has barely budged despite the construction of a 78 million dollar stadium. Results are what matter. W/L, donor levels, attendance, perception, momentum behind the programs, etc. All of those things are unfortunately abysmal. I don't give a shit how much passion is among the administration. There is no spark, fire, momentum or whatever you want to call it in one single program currently at UNT. Why is that?  Passionate employees within the athletic administration? I feel like I'm pissing on a forest fire when I speak of the athletic issues within UNT. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I rather have Steven Howard's job! It's the dream job and will most likely go to someone with very little passion for UNT. To many people work in the athletic department who don't quite do  the job of firing people up! It's not hard to sell tickets and get fans involved! They just never look in the right spot for hires. 

Above for posterity @CMJ (apparently I started typing a reply several days ago and it was still here when I went to add a reply today)

Also, does this new guy take questions, because I have a few:

1. What was it like to work with Munthe?
  2. Will you do Ben next?
  3. Who do you hate the most in the office?
  4. Does Rick know your name or did you give up and let him call you whatever sounded kind of right?
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Above for posterity @CMJ (apparently I started typing a reply several days ago and it was still here when I went to add a reply today)

2. Will you do Ben next?
  4. Does Rick know your name or did you give up and let him call you whatever sounded kind of right?

​answer the second question first, please. 

• Upvote 3

2. Will you do Ben next?

​You mean put him in his place or, you know, do?

• Upvote 1

I would have zero issue having Ben work for the athletic department. I do not always agree with what he says but he has passion and would get butts in seats. Regardless of coaches and players we still need to get tickets sold. 

Before basketball games someone needs to go to the rec and clear the courts and get them into the stands. We use to stop playing and walk to the pit to watch the games before picking it up again. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2