What are your plans for the SMU game?

Harry

It's never too early to plan out your road trips although for the game it may be a home game for our fans living in Dallas.

I do recall the last game we played against SMU in the Dodge regime.  I remember it being a fun game, good tailgating and actually a pretty exciting game although we lost.

Who all is planning on attending this game and what are your plans?

You raise a good point Deep - hopefully we will have plans and busses for many of the students to be able to get to the game!  I wonder how many tickets we will get from SMU.  Could it be a sellout?

I want to go. I was really hyped because I hate SMU so much but (and I will probably catch much flack for this), our current quarterback situation concerns me to the point of nausea and I don't think I can handle getting beat in front of their asshole fans again. Last time it was close and we should've won. This time I am really uneasy and think we could get drug in this game, big time. Fuel and hotel costs along with my concern of utter disaster have me leaning toward checking the score on ESPN throughout the day rather than traveling up I35 for the game. Hopefully fall practice will have me feeling better and excited to attend but it isn't looking good at this point.

Eagle1855 convinced me in the other thread that SMU deserves to be reminded of how much I hate them. I will be there with my wife and kmb in tow.

Edited by Cr1028
I hate SMU
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I'll be there, waiting on scouting schedule to come out for football. I heard there's a parking garage by twin peaks that's 1,000,000,000,000 times easier to get in and out of than screwing with those idiot SMU drivers. Never used it but I plan on it for this game. 

We will be there...can't miss a game this close to home....enjoyed the game last time...hopefully it will be a different result for the good guys. Have no Ida about tailgating at this point. If something official happens, will probably do that...I just need beer and I'm happy

• Upvote 2

We're taking the train to the game.  I understand it won't be the most direct route but we had so much fun riding the A Train to the HOD Bowl we're doing it again. 

Our home opener at our Dallas substation.

I am anxious to know the kickoff time.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 2

I want to go. I was really hyped because I hate SMU so much but (and I will probably catch much flack for this), our current quarterback situation concerns me to the point of nausea and I don't think I can handle getting beat in front of their asshole fans again. Last time it was close and we should've won. This time I am really uneasy and think we could get drug in this game, big time. Fuel and hotel costs along with my concern of utter disaster have me leaning toward checking the score on ESPN throughout the day rather than traveling up I35 for the game. Hopefully fall practice will have me feeling better and excited to attend but it isn't looking good at this point.

​But McNulty is "just like Derek Thompson" and this is our "alternative" home game? How can you miss this kind of awesomeness...never mind, don't answer that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Me and my crew will likely take the train (Green Line to DT and then get on a Orange/Blue/Red train to Mockingbird station.  From there you can walk or catch a campus bus.  Depending on the time we might just catch the Alumni Tailgate.

• Upvote 1

Going with the wife and other friends....holding the $100.00 bet funds between Dallas Green and Mean Green Texan...enjoying pre-game tailgating and most of all....enjoying yet another Mean Green win over the Ponies!  That's all!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Going with the wife and other friends....holding the $100.00 bet funds between Dallas Green and Mean Green Texan...enjoying pre-game tailgating and most of all....enjoying yet another Mean Green win over the Ponies!  That's all!

Can't wait to bank easy money & celebrate a Mean Green win on the shoulders of Jeff Wilson & DaMarcus Smith!  

If you think the Mean Green are in rebuild mode, what's going on @ SMU?

Will be there plus fam. Not sure if by train or if by car.

We won't need to throw it on them, just run it and run it and run it and run it

​I can vouch for the train. I did it the last time we played there and it was very easy. It is less than a two-block walk to the stadium. Depending on where you live, consider driving to somewhere along North Central Expwy, like the Arapaho Station where there is lots of safe, well-lighted parking for your family, and ride it down to Mockingbird. Trust me, the auto traffic around SMU is a real cluster ...

• Upvote 1