'16 JUCO WR Marquis Wimberly (California)

6'2" 205 lb receiver from Chaffey College in Rancho Cucamonga, California. We have offered. Also holds offers from Georgia State, Idaho, South Alabama, and Weber State. Will be eligible for spring practice after graduating this December.

highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1690437/marquis-wimberly

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Marquis-Wimberly-165015

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

after watching his highlight tape, seem to me the JC league he is in is really bad. i saw one good off the line move during the long beach video. all the other times he was covered by an outside linebacker that was blitzing or a sweep.(which we do a lot). from the tweet he has a pie in the sky outlook looking for a bigger school. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I was trolling through Twitter and Noticed this kid hit up Littrell (UNT Jesus) on Twitter. Then I started digging a little more and noticed that we are showing that we have offered this kid but couldn't find out when the offer was made. Wouldnt be a bad addition to WR squad from watching his film...Currently holds 10 offers

http://247sports.com/Player/Marquis-Wimberly-31845

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1690437/highlights/285914456/v2

Edited by Withers940
  • Upvote 2

@BillySee58 Am I mistaken that during the dead period a player must initiate the conversation and it can only be through writing and telephone or can coaches call players first too? I wonder if this is his way of initiating because he doesn't have his number yet. 

FYI: He also did this to coaches from Arizona State and Buffalo before Coach Littrell. 

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes

@BillySee58 Am I mistaken that during the dead period a player must initiate the conversation and it can only be through writing and telephone or can coaches call players first too? I wonder if this is his way of initiating because he doesn't have his number yet. 

FYI: He also did this to coaches from Arizona State and Buffalo before Coach Littrell. 

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of confusion about the dead period. The only thing that really changes during the dead period is there is no visiting going on, both from the coaches visiting the players and the players visiting schools. I believe phone calls are limited by DM contact on Twitter isn't.

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of confusion about the dead period. The only thing that really changes during the dead period is there is no visiting going on, both from the coaches visiting the players and the players visiting schools. I believe phone calls are limited by DM contact on Twitter isn't.

phone and email are restricted. The rules have not caught up to Twitter. 

• Upvote 1

From my understanding the player can text/tweet. 

*I believe phone conversations use to be in play...

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Downvote 1

Sounds like he may have a screw loose. May be best if he stays in the Pacific time zone.

What?! That's how plenty of kids do things. Our old staff offered this kid and he wants to see if the new staff will honor the offer so he can evaluate his options now.

It's the dead period, and on Twitter you have to be following each other to contact through direct messages, which are probably the main source of communication during the dead period since calls and emails are limited. He's trying to get Coach Littrell to follow back.

• Upvote 3

What?! That's how plenty of kids do things. Our old staff offered this kid and he wants to see if the new staff will honor the offer so he can evaluate his options now.

It's the dead period, and on Twitter you have to be following each other to contact through direct messages, which are probably the main source of communication during the dead period since calls and emails are limited. He's trying to get Coach Littrell to follow back.

With this kid's offer list, I can't see how anyone would say "no thanks" if they actually observed our WR corps last year.

• Upvote 2

Billy, I am pretty out of touch with the way things are done especially with social media. This board is about it for me. I have mentioned before that I am completely ignorant to the recruiting process, as well. 

Just seemed weird to me. Plus, I was digging through the cabinet last night, and found a bottle of Ezra Brooks. That stuff will make one connect dots that don't even exist!

Let me say again, that I appreciate you and the other recruiting gurus on board. It makes what used to be a very boring time of year exciting. 

• Upvote 3

Billy, I am pretty out of touch with the way things are done especially with social media. This board is about it for me. I have mentioned before that I am completely ignorant to the recruiting process, as well. 

Just seemed weird to me. Plus, I was digging through the cabinet last night, and found a bottle of Ezra Brooks. That stuff will make one connect dots that don't even exist!

Let me say again, that I appreciate you and the other recruiting gurus on board. It makes what used to be a very boring time of year exciting. 

That's why I explained it in detail. Thank you.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

They are going juco heavy at WR. It's hard to believe they could take on on the juco WR they have offered in last week

I'm sure like us they're wanting to get 1-2 then pull other offers

Edited by GMG24