MGB breaking news -- Dajon Williams no longer a part of UNT program

Brett Vito

Coaches want to win. Their job depends on it... (Some might argue not at UNT). So either their 100's of hours of of evaluating Dajon proves they just can't see true football genius  when it is right in front of them or maybe the fans jumped the gun a bit on proclaiming him the second coming.  I think Dajon was given every opportunity to show he was the best man for the job.  

No one owes you anything.  You either put in the work and take what is yours or you don't. 

He showed he was the best man for the job.

He'll go somewhere else and tear it up. Unless he goes to SMU, I'll root for him to tear it up like he's going to.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Everyone at the Spring Game knows Williams had a solid outing. Maybe the best of all the QBs, considering he had to face the first team D. I don't know why the staff and him couldn't make this work. I won't pretend to know what is going on within the football program, but I don't like this at all. We need a QB.

Mac will never say why Williams is gone. I wish Dajon would post his side of this story.

• Upvote 2

Don't blame him. it's obvious that he has never going to see the field here. Mac is driving his bus to the back of the pack. If not for one miraculous season where defensive turnovers and special teams carried us, he would be fired. As much as I hate to say it, I hope we win 2 games this season so that we can move on.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I hope we win 2 games this season so that we can move on.

​I have been where you are.  It is a dark, dark place.  It is a place I never wish to visit again.  Some criticize me for my current view of game day as an overall experience where tailgating is just as much part of the day as the game is.  This outlook prevents meltdowns.  It's numbing.  I feel nothing until the sun rises once again on some morning in the undetermined future.

• Upvote 3

I was before, but now I'm definitely concerned greatly about the future of our QB position. We still haven't offered a 2016 QB this entire cycle, Mcnulty is a senior and D Smith is a Junior, and Caleb Chumley is just not likely going to be a QB long-term. And still no shot for Dillman.

A lot of pressure riding on Means long-term. Smith really better be the real deal, but even if he is he only has two years left.

• Upvote 2

Don't blame him. it's obvious that he has never going to see the field here. Mac is driving his bus to the back of the pack. If not for one miraculous season where defensive turnovers and special teams carried us, he would be fired. As much as I hate to say it, I hope we win 2 games this season so that we can move on.

Sadly this.  I can't believe the kid hung around as long as he did. 

• Upvote 3

I could see him going JUCO. He's still eligible to play JUCO ball as a redshirt sophomore, and it'd give him a good chance to get showcased.

As it is we were the only FBS school who offered him, so I'm not sure if schools who didn't recruit him then would be willing to offer now, without watching him play a full season (i.e. at a JUCO).

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 3

Not surprising, Mac will never openly admit 1 of 2 things... 1. Mac never cared for DW as a person or as a QB and 2. Mac doesn't want to start someone at QB that he doesn't like. 

Regardless of AM's "stats" in the spring game it was painfully obvious to see who the better option at QB was. The staff didn't want to go through the "Tebow Effect" for another season and made it blatantly clear that they were going to bury DW on the depth chart to force an inevitable transfer. 

That being said, DW wasn't going to start bc D. Smith is the real deal. And if Andrew McNulty is named our starter going into Dallas I will be expecting nothing whatsoever out of this team. 0 expectations in year 5 is beyond pitiful. 

Edited by Ben Gooding

Just checking....do we have facts yet on why he is not with the team? Speculation and then speculation rebuttal sucks. On the other hand, no one is wrong if you don't know the facts.

Maybe DW goes to Nicholls State. Probably set a bunch of records against their defense and could go for some records with their offense.

GMG

• Upvote 3

​I have been where you are.  It is a dark, dark place.  It is a place I never wish to visit again.  Some criticize me for my current view of game day as an overall experience where tailgating is just as much part of the day as the game is.  This outlook prevents meltdowns.  It's numbing.  I feel nothing until the sun rises once again on some morning in the undetermined future.

It's sad. I didn't make it to a single a game let season bc I chose not to. Hell, I barely post or even visit GMG.com anymore. Mac has ruined it for me.

• Upvote 1

It's sad. I didn't make it to a single a game let season bc I chose not to. Hell, I barely post or even visit GMG.com anymore. Mac has ruined it for me.

​If the terrifying reign of the oracle of Southlake taught me anything, it's that Denton and UNT and Apogee will still be here when the insanity on the sideline finally comes to a merciful end.  It'll all still be here waiting for you.  Take your time and don't let the crabbies who want to piss contest their fandom with you get to you.

• Upvote 5

​Just to play the devil's advocate here -- You say "That falls on the coach to teach/coach/train him how to work hard and be a leader." 

Ok, I'll give you that. But at what point do you give up trying if he refuses to take on that role? 

Bear in mind, I'm not close to the team, just a casual acquaintance to one of the athletes and this is not coming from him. 

I'm honestly asking, because there seems to be a major dichotomy forming here -- either he was unfairly booted or he had this serious character/work ethic flaw and it's all on him. Perhaps the truth is a little more in between both extremes and all parties are to blame.

Personally, I'd like to hear more of the story before I start pointing blame anywhere.

​I can see your point about knowing the facts before starting the blame, but it's getting more difficult to figure out why we can't get more out of the quarterback position than we have in the second decade of the twenty-first century.

• Upvote 1